S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Visus

by Visus

Every bike can be ridden no hands.
Your „bad handling“ bike was probably light and had a short wheelbase. Some call it nimble, some nervous, depending on bike skills. Another reason why theres no point in bike reviews. You have to try it yourself if you want to compare it. Not everyone has the same riding skills and preferences.

ODC

by ODC

But that the Venge is steering different then the tarmac is true.
The venge is pushing you more forward from a certain point of speed. The tarmac doesn't have this feeling and so is the tarmac less sensitive to corrections when cornering.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Here's a couple of photos from just after the first ride. Spacers are already out (because I'm moving from a 54cm frame into the 56cm, my fit was a bit wonky so I wanted to start tall at first to play it safe and then bring it down) and fork needs to be re-cut. Also, the look pedals are old and going. New Dura Ace 9100 pedals sitting in the box. Tried to weigh it last night but the Power saddle does not have enough tongue to rest on my kitchen scale. I'll get an accurate weight when I bring it in (although I'm leaving tomorrow for a week, so that may happen afterwards).

Second 30 mi ride today and bike handles very well into and out of the turn, but must have quite a bit less rake or trail than my Ridley Fast did because it steers quickly and is very pitchy in crosswinds. I'm sure it is fine without hands and calm weather, although I have not officially given it a shot. I'll report back on that. Overall, the bike is very nicely designed and looks sano super clean with its very thin shapes (fork, chain and seat stays) and no cables. Bar has a nice shape, is comfortable even holding the flat portion on top, and feels great on the drops. Should have no issue with wide tires (photo shows 25mm Conti GP4000s which measure 28 on these rims).

Last edited by ScottinFL on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Just weigh the bloody thing, looks awesome!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

Bike looks really sharp Scott. Is that a power arc saddle (rather than a power)? Thoughts on that specifically? Why did you move from a 54 to a 56? I ordered a venge the other week and actually went from a 56 (felt AR) to a 54 for the venge. Mind sharing your height?

The comments about “twitchy” actually have me a little excited, as it sounds similar to how the tarmac handles. That is what I was hoping for, as I find most aero bikes too predictable/boring to ride/race.

I am patiently awaiting the bikes arrival.

Oh, does the computer mount have a connection for a light?

mcw

by mcw

LBoogie28 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 pm
Oh, does the computer mount have a connection for a light?
GoPro-Mount is included.

gdelcast

by gdelcast

ScottinFL wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm
Here's a couple of photos from just after the first ride. Spacers are already out (because I'm moving from a 54cm frame into the 56cm, my fit was a bit wonky so I wanted to start tall at first to play it safe and then bring it down) and fork needs to be re-cut. Also, the look pedals are old and going. New Dura Ace 9100 pedals sitting in the box. Tried to weigh it last night but the Power saddle does not have enough tongue to rest on my kitchen scale. I'll get an accurate weight when I bring it in (although I'm leaving tomorrow for a week, so that may happen afterwards).

Second 30 mi ride today and bike handles very well into and out of the turn, but must have quite a bit less rake or trail than my Ridley Fast did because it steers quickly and is very pitchy in crosswinds. I'm sure it is fine without hands and calm weather, although I have not officially given it a shot. I'll report back on that. Overall, the bike is very nicely designed and looks sano super clean with its very thin shapes (fork, chain and seat stays) and no cables. Bar has a nice shape, is comfortable even holding the flat portion on top, and feels great on the drops. Should have no issue with wide tires (photo shows 25mm Conti GP4000s which measure 28 on these rims).

Amazing bro!! Congrats looks awesome.
I’m still patiently waiting for the handlebar 40cm for my battleship grey build. I’m watching the window every hour hoping lol.

KevinM

by KevinM

Beautiful bike Scott!

ODC

by ODC

My venge;
- size 58cm
- Roval CLX50
- 140mm -6 degree stem. I'm waiting for the 140 -12 degree stem. Hopefully available in November/begin December.
- A zipp sl88 traditional handlebar
- S-works Phenom saddle
- DI2 dura ace and dura ace pedals
- S-works power cranks
- S-works carbon bottle cages
- computer: wahoo elemnt bolt
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpeg
Last edited by ODC on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shrike

by Shrike

Beautiful, congrats ODC!

Weighed it at any point?

RussellS

by RussellS

ODC wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:19 pm
My venge;
- size 58cm
- Roval CLX50
- 140mm -6 degree stem. I'm waiting for the 140 -12 degree stem. Hopefully available in November/begin December.
- S-works Phenom saddle
- S-works power cranks
Is that the zero setback seatpost? As opposed to the regular 20mm setback post.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

ScottinFL wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Superb looking bike dude. I'm in love with this frame color. Specialized you did it again, well done!!!!
Last edited by DCcyclist on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

somebody needs to weigh something....
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

igor46

by igor46

ODC wrote:My venge;
- size 58cm
- Roval CLX50
- S-works Phenom saddle
- S-works power cranks
Weight please?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

RussellS wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:18 pm
ODC wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:19 pm
My venge;
- size 58cm
- Roval CLX50
- S-works Phenom saddle
- S-works power cranks
Is that the zero setback seatpost? As opposed to the regular 20mm setback post.

Yes indeed, that is the zero setback Seatpost.
if interested:
- saddle height c-bb to top saddle => 82cm
- saddle setback => 8cm