Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I checked out the Shakedry products and yes, extremely lightweight. I liked the offering from 7 Mesh (former Arcteryx guys) but unfortunately I looked like a stuffed sausage in one. If you’re skinny they’d be great. I’m just not skinny “enough” I guess. Also, the lack of colors is apparently a function of the material itself. 7 Mesh told me abt the materials natural color is black, and getting it in other colors was, at the time quite difficult. Not sure if they’ve overcome that difficulty yet but with all the Hi Vis stuff out I’m sure it would be something they’re trying to do.
The Assos Sturmprinz, as much as I like the jacket, is really something I’d only wear on the bike if I was starting out in a torrential rain storm, as it’s not very packable should it stop raining and you want to take it off. I generally avoid riding in those conditions these days. I can think of more fun ways to spend time during a downpour.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TonyM

by TonyM

I suppose the Assos Equipe RS Rain will fit your needs. The fit is much wider than the GoreTex One and it is lightweight and packable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

The new colours of the GoreTex Shakedry....better but not really bright...

http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/g ... -in-colors

kode54

by kode54

Yeah, same for myself...if its raining starting out...I generally avoid riding, especially if it looks like it won't get any better in a half hour or so. Which is why the newer Equipe RS rain jacket is the perfect shell for me since I can still stuff it into a jersey pocket. I wore the Sturmprinz a few times and as much as I can appreciate the tech that went into the waterproof material, I just don't enjoy the riding in pouring rain as much.
Calnago wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm
I checked out the Shakedry products and yes, extremely lightweight. I liked the offering from 7 Mesh (former Arcteryx guys) but unfortunately I looked like a stuffed sausage in one. If you’re skinny they’d be great. I’m just not skinny “enough” I guess. Also, the lack of colors is apparently a function of the material itself. 7 Mesh told me abt the materials natural color is black, and getting it in other colors was, at the time quite difficult. Not sure if they’ve overcome that difficulty yet but with all the Hi Vis stuff out I’m sure it would be something they’re trying to do.
The Assos Sturmprinz, as much as I like the jacket, is really something I’d only wear on the bike if I was starting out in a torrential rain storm, as it’s not very packable should it stop raining and you want to take it off. I generally avoid riding in those conditions these days. I can think of more fun ways to spend time during a downpour.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kytyree

by kytyree

When it's cold out, and raining it's pretty hard to want to start a ride, I have better options.

When I used to live where it was almost always warm but sometimes rained for days, I was willing to get out in it a bit more often.

I don't ride in the rain much where I live now, we don't get much rain and when we do it is usually along with a strong enough storm that being outside doing anything isn't a very good idea.

guyc

by guyc

I went for the 7 Mesh Oro last year and it’s absilitely superb. Great fit and incredibly breathable.

kafreeman

by kafreeman

LeDuke wrote:Got my S7s yesterday. Two day shipping time from Switzerland! Swiss-iconic gets a big thumbs up from me.

Amazing. I get it now. The straps were a little stiffer than what I’m used to, but not really noticeable.

Anyone ever ordered from Assos-online shop.de? They seem to have great prices and free shipping to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same.... GB to TX in a day.... as fast as local amazon.

Fit is roughly same sizing as Giordana L, PI medium.

I'm 178 cm tall and 103kg.

Leg length seems fine I was worried when this thread popped up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

really? 2 days ship? that's better than Assos direct. the Assos outlet may be the way to go.

nice.
kafreeman wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:06 am
LeDuke wrote:Got my S7s yesterday. Two day shipping time from Switzerland! Swiss-iconic gets a big thumbs up from me.

Amazing. I get it now. The straps were a little stiffer than what I’m used to, but not really noticeable.

Anyone ever ordered from Assos-online shop.de? They seem to have great prices and free shipping to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same.... GB to TX in a day.... as fast as local amazon.

Fit is roughly same sizing as Giordana L, PI medium.

I'm 178 cm tall and 103kg.

Leg length seems fine I was worried when this thread popped up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

asiantrick

by asiantrick

I buy mine directly from Assos website. Tax free shipping to USA and they gave me a bunch of assos face wash cream.

Only took 3 business days shipping to Los Angeles.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Hey RTW,

Will Assos be sponsoring a ProTour team next season? Continuing to sponsor Och's team - CCC?

KotP

by KotP

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Will Assos be sponsoring a ProTour team next season? Continuing to sponsor Och's team - CCC?

I hope not.

In the last few years, around the time of the BMC sponsorship, saw the reintroduction of the oversized "A" logo printed on the front and back of shorts. See the S7 Equipe Evo and the new S9.

Maybe without a world tour team sponsorship Assos will go back to more subtle branding on their shorts.

Other than the fact they make the most comfortable bibshorts around part of the reason for me wearing Assos shorts is the fact they're plain black with minimal branding.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am a big fan of the ProBlack series without logo etc....but I also love the big A of Assos like back in the days in the 80s! This big A is the logo of Assos to me.

groover08

by groover08

I’ve just invested in a top-to-toe winter Assos kit and the fit and quality is incredible. I bought the Bonka S7 tights, Skinfoil Winter Evo7 and the Bonka 6 Cento jacket in profblack. I’m 183cm, 88kg, 99cm chest and XL in all pieces is the perfect fit for me. I bought direct from the Assos web site and it arrived in three days in Washington DC. I’ve had a pair of their Cento bibs for a year and that was the piece that convinced me to go all-in.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Thanks to this thread and a FB post which alerted me to a LBS sale on Assos products, I purchased my first Assos bibs. I got the Équipe EVO in all black and I must say that I’m very impressed with the quality. Looking forward to riding with them tomorrow.

Btw the store is BOS bikes in Geneva and they also have an online store. I found their prices better than Swissiconic, but then again I purchased in store so there was no delivery charges.

wingguy

by wingguy

KotP wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 pm
In the last few years, around the time of the BMC sponsorship, saw the reintroduction of the oversized "A" logo printed on the front and back of shorts. See the S7 Equipe Evo and the new S9.

Maybe without a world tour team sponsorship Assos will go back to more subtle branding on their shorts.

Other than the fact they make the most comfortable bibshorts around part of the reason for me wearing Assos shorts is the fact they're plain black with minimal branding.
Assos have had branded/non-branded options for pretty much ever, haven't they? Back in the S5 generation for instance you could get a version with a massive white "ASSOS" printed down the whole leg of the shorts... or get the plain ones without. Same thing now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com