Ryan's Forever Bike: A Litespeed T1sl #tongue-in-cheek

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

Best bang for the buck is definitely the lower models (T2, T3 and while not having first hand experience with them, probably the T5/6 if the geometry suits you).

Whether or not the T1sl is worth it is probably the same question as to whether or not to get a Evo Hi-Mod or regular. It's over 200g lighter than the T2/T3. On the other hand, with it being 6/4 Ti, you're getting a frame that might be a little more prone to issues down the road.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Just the top tube and BB shell on the T1SL is 6/4, right? I don't think 6/4 is less durable than 3/2.5. It all comes down to weight. Everything being equal a lighter frame will be less durable. But if there's a good warranty on the frame then it's not an issue unless you tend to crash a lot.

Ryan- I have a spare Uno stem and I was looking at the spare stem today. The stem is painted (powder coated?) inside and out. Have you or anyone thought about removing the paint on the inside to save weight? Would it be worth the trouble? There's no durability or cosmetic downsides....

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 pm
Just the top tube and BB shell on the T1SL is 6/4, right? I don't think 6/4 is less durable than 3/2.5. It all comes down to weight. Everything being equal a lighter frame will be less durable. But if there's a good warranty on the frame then it's not an issue unless you tend to crash a lot.

Ryan- I have a spare Uno stem and I was looking at the spare stem today. The stem is painted (powder coated?) inside and out. Have you or anyone thought about removing the paint on the inside to save weight? Would it be worth the trouble? There's no durability or cosmetic downsides....
The Uno stems are anodized, not painted or powder coated. The amount of weight you could loose doing that would be measued in tenths of a gram at most.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

CallumRD1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 pm
The Uno stems are anodized, not painted or powder coated. The amount of weight you could loose doing that would be measued in tenths of a gram at most.
Good to know! Thanks. I think they gave the metal a paint-like surface finish before anodizing. So I got fooled because the surface looks like a coat of paint.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

No updates in a month? Is Ryan OK?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

*Rayna

bilwit

by bilwit

some incredibly unenlightened people on this forum :roll:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Some incredibly sensitive ones too.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Far too many girls (hopefully I didn’t assume a gender) here!

RyanH

by RyanH

I ended up replacing the lightning BB with a SRAM PF30 BB last night and enjoyed a very quiet ride today. There was an annoying click under load. I think it had to do with the bearing being able to be popped out by hand on one side. This reminds me that while there's many that will promote BSA as creak free, there's still a pressed in component to them and that is the bearing into the cup...and those can creak like they were in my situation.

I have should have a few component updates next week. In the mean time, here she is in "slow mode:"

donald

by donald

Very nice bike Ryan. How is the 32 spoke front wheel?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

9150 x cannondale srm gang or dont bang

RyanH

by RyanH

donald wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:54 am
Very nice bike Ryan. How is the 32 spoke front wheel?
I think it's more or less necessary with Nemesis but it results in a slightly less snappy ride feel I think (based on other wheels). The Nemesis are a solid all around wheel, not great at any particular thing (other than comfort) but not awful either (well...except maybe weight). Paired with 27mm tires, they're good for what I call "idgad rides" where I just want to zone out and not pay attention to the road.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Interesting..... The SRAM PF30 BB will work fine with (THM) cranks? I'm getting a nasty click on my Firefly and THM PF30 BB + M3 combo. When I built the bike, it was mute silent, but that was nearly 6 months ago. I see the THM bottom brackets have the bearings outboard more so than the SRAM.

I would love PF30 BB suggestions.. Ti frame noises drive me nuts.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Have you guys seen the new litespeed ultimate road bike ?
There was a release for the gravel version not for the road one

It would sit between the T1SL and T2 in their range
'' aero tubing '' , complicated shapes for downtube and top tube ,
disc specific