Power2max for rotor 3d+

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mp123

by mp123

Hello everyone !
I'm currently riding a Cervélo R5 Dura Ace 2016 with Rotor 3d + (52-36) chainset.
Now, I'm looking for a powermeter, and I think the most logical, reliable and cheap option is a power2max ngeco. Are the rotor noQ chainrings compatible with this powermeter? Why do most users of this type of power meter use praxisworks instead of stock rotor chainrings? I should choose 110 mm bcd, right? (I'm new to this "world", sorry for the noob questions...).
Do you think there are better options in the powermeters market in this price range?
Thanks in advance.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

mp123 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:23 pm
Why do most users of this type of power meter use praxisworks instead of stock rotor chainrings?
Probably because those are what Power2Max stocks if you wish to buy the crank complete with rings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cro2

by cro2

I have two p2m power meters, both are NGecos (although one is branded as FSA PowerBox, but that's essentialy the same thing). One of them is paired to a Rotor 3d (notice no plus) and it works brilliantly. I have chosen the Shimano-compatible version to retain the shifting quality. In my opinion at this price point there is no better alternative - p2m is a very reliable poweremeter, and after they upgraded the firmware I had no issues with power spikes.
As for noq chainrings - I see they are standard 5-bolt 110 BCD rings. Just make sure you don't select 110-S, as this is the 4-bolt standard for Shimano rings.

mp123

by mp123

Thanks for the answers.
In this case, model for 110 mm BCD + lockring tool + black or red decals to match frame top tube (??) :) I read good reviews everywhere about, contrary to others even more expensive that I think I will choose to buy it.

bilwit

by bilwit

edit: oops missed the part where you said you're already on the 3d+
Last edited by bilwit on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

If you already have the 3D+ crankset, then yes... everything you need is the P2M spider and the locking tool. They will give you one sticker... get one in red, and pay a few bucks for the black one. You will only find out which one will look better after you see them and compare to your frame color.

It is compatible with NoQ rings. Just check your chainring size... it is printed on them, but most likely it is 110BCD.

Have fun with the new toy. I have two and they really are set and forget.

Stueys

by Stueys

I run a p2m on rotor 3D (also on an r5), works great. I switch between rotor q-rings and praxis round, people will be using praxis because they are better chainrings. They compare well with shim who are the best out there.

P,s the sticker advice is good, I’ve a red one ;-)

mp123

by mp123

I checked the BCD and it's confirmed that it is 110 mm. I will also keep your suggestion and buy another sticker. Having another bike with shimano rings, I confirm that the shifting is better, despite not having any problem with dropped chains till now.
I don't see any other choice... Set and forget is really what I want :)
Thank you all !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com