2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

They will probably wait untill thursday.
It was to be expected that the GC riders would take it easy today.
Or maybe Rowe took it easy because Froome couldnt climb faster......(keep on dreamin’ ;-) , but its a great idea)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Well in terms of team power Sky is definitely by far the best currently. Like usual you have always a few Sky domestiques around Froome who are also able to lead the whole group.

But maybe some riders like Martin will attack. I hope so.
Uran is also far away now and should attack. Valverde was not that good today unfortunately.

So Sky is there and they showed like usual that they are by far the best.

Vermu

by Vermu

I think that with so much downhill and not real summit finnish caused Movistar to be hesitant.
Quintana will most likely fire it up tomorrow as he has most to gain.

The next 2 days ought to be splendid racing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Shrike wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am

That would be the superlative end of season situation for racing fans. Froome wins the Tour and goes for the Vuelta for the hell of it, and has a serious contender in Porte with fresh legs to challenge him. The hype would be unreal. We would also avoid a lot of the nastiness from the French fans. We could focus on the racing. Aus and Brits are generally good humoured together and the Spanish are great generally too. Doubt we'd see much booing or ugliness 8)
my guess is that froome will eventually beat hansens' consecutive GT completion record..... but winning all 21 in a row lmao.

bilwit

by bilwit

Froome will win the Tour, then the Vuelta, then may be generous and let someone else win the Worlds, then repeat the triple next year

Rondje

by Rondje

bikewithnoname wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:30 pm
I hope you’re right because if Movistar, Agr2, Astana etc don’t think they can push the pace higher than Luke Rowe did over the first 3 cols then they have seriously poor mountain teams
AG2R already lost 2 of their climbers. I don't think they want to use the ones left too early.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Daniel1975 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:35 pm
They will probably wait untill thursday.
It was to be expected that the GC riders would take it easy today.
Hope to god Movistar does something, another tour of them sitting and waiting and Im gonna change mobile provider....

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

I hope to god that there is some justice done and Froome gets a flat tire just before the second descend or something like that.
I still feel very bad watching him riding there after the salbutamol case.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Rondje wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 pm
bikewithnoname wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:30 pm
I hope you’re right because if Movistar, Agr2, Astana etc don’t think they can push the pace higher than Luke Rowe did over the first 3 cols then they have seriously poor mountain teams
AG2R already lost 2 of their climbers. I don't think they want to use the ones left too early.
I don't think any team, except for Movi maybe, has the power to even co-lead the peloton up the road like SKY does.

I won't be much suprised if waiting for "something to happen tomorrow" will drag for days to come. again, if Froome has Vuelta in his plans too, he and the whole team need to go as easy as possible - why attack when you can drop your rivals just by setting a good tempo. Majka's already dropped (so much for his GT hopes IMHO, he needs to re-evaluate his future career objectives seriously), Uran too, probably tomorrow someone will pop as well.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

TonyM

by TonyM

Leviathan wrote: Hope to god Movistar does something, another tour of them sitting and waiting and Im gonna change mobile provider....
Love that one! LOL

TonyM

by TonyM

tymon_tm wrote:
(...) again, if Froome has Vuelta in his plans too, he and the whole team need to go as easy as possible - why attack when you can drop your rivals just by setting a good tempo...
My guess also that Froome want to get Giro/Tour/Vuelta.

Seeing how he did win the Giro that tells how much he want to win.

As long as the Sky train works keeping like this is the best for him.

TonyM

by TonyM

My hope for tomorrow are Nibali and Valverde!

Rondje

by Rondje

TonyM wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:07 pm
My hope for tomorrow are Nibali and Valverde!
Let's hope Valverde's legs are better then they were today. If the climb took 200meter longer he would have lost time as well.

bilwit

by bilwit

tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm
Majka's already dropped (so much for his GT hopes IMHO, he needs to re-evaluate his future career objectives seriously), Uran too, probably tomorrow someone will pop as well.
his career objective now is to be domestique for Richie Porte 8)

at this rate Uran will be working for Teyjay next year too :lol:

maquisard

by maquisard

Why no one attacked - there was also a headwind as both Dumoulin and Froome mentioned.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com