2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Datmo

by Datmo

Broady wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am
Wouldn't mind the Tarmac Disc Sport, just for the frame. Wonder what the weight would be for this one and if it's the same frame throughout the range.
If that too would be a Fact 10r Carbon frame then, according to Specialized, it holds a 150 g penalty over the S-works 12r Carbon.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The “Sport” level frame has the round seatpost and 9R carbon, so it will be a little heavier than the Pro/Expert frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Broady

by Broady

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm
The “Sport” level frame has the round seatpost and 9R carbon, so it will be a little heavier than the Pro/Expert frames.
Ah good catch, would have to be the expert then.

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 am
Datmo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm
This Pro level model looks good. With saddle, bar tape and logos reflecting in holographic rainbow colours. And it comes with Ultegra Di2.

10r rather than the S-works 12r carbon though, according to the website.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 509-154559
My local shop sold one of these last night... I didn't see it in person (got to the shop about 5 minutes after the owner took it home) but the shop owner showed me pics he took and it looks pretty awesome.
Did the shop weigh the build before the sale? Interested in total weight. Also notice the rim brake pro uses Spec carbon crank, whereas the disc is Ultegra.

KevinM

by KevinM

I ordered a pro, because we thought it was black on black, but the logo is a massive hologram. Some people might love that, some of my friends thought it was really cool, but it was far too much like my daughter’s unicorn stickers for me. Also, the saddle and bar tape have the “chameleon effect” too. I ended up returning it before we ever weighed it.

It DID have an Ultegra crankset.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

LBoogie28... not that I know of. I wasn't there or I would have suggested it. I'm sure they will get more in, so I'll suggest it as soon as I see one.

Datmo

by Datmo

KevinM wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:46 am
I ordered a pro, because we thought it was black on black, but the logo is a massive hologram. Some people might love that, some of my friends thought it was really cool, but it was far too much like my daughter’s unicorn stickers for me. Also, the saddle and bar tape have the “chameleon effect” too. I ended up returning it before we ever weighed it.

It DID have an Ultegra crankset.
Unicorn is exactly what I though when I saw it haha. :D
I haven’t seen it live but thought it looked quite cool with the partly exposed carbon.

samors

by samors

LBoogie28 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:27 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 am
Datmo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm
This Pro level model looks good. With saddle, bar tape and logos reflecting in holographic rainbow colours. And it comes with Ultegra Di2.

10r rather than the S-works 12r carbon though, according to the website.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 509-154559
My local shop sold one of these last night... I didn't see it in person (got to the shop about 5 minutes after the owner took it home) but the shop owner showed me pics he took and it looks pretty awesome.
Did the shop weigh the build before the sale? Interested in total weight. Also notice the rim brake pro uses Spec carbon crank, whereas the disc is Ultegra.
That would be me who picked it up. I would weigh it but I don't have a bike scale.

jamin

by jamin

johnsonmoog wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:49 pm
This looks rather nice: https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/mens- ... t/p/154558
I love this colour way - but the wheels - C38s, anyone know what they are like/weight? I wish they'd of put the CLX's on it....

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

samors wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:20 pm
That would be me who picked it up. I would weigh it but I don't have a bike scale.
Yup... that would be you. Welcome to the board. Post some pics!

samors

by samors

Some quick pics. Ill post up some better ones once I get a chance.
Attachments
1.jpg
IMG-1893.JPG
InkedIMG-1891_LI.jpg
IMG-1894.JPG
Last edited by samors on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinM

by KevinM

Congratulations on your new bike!!

A few more pics that show the resting color and the hologram a bit better.

samors

by samors

Thanks!

I really didnt want a black bike or the hologram logo but its growing on me. I do like it on the wrap and handlebars though.
Been waiting forever for this bike to come out so I just bought it since it was allocated for me. Coming from a 2011 Roubaix SL2 Comp 8r so this is a huge upgrade for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KevinM

by KevinM

samors wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Thanks!

I really didnt want a black bike or the hologram logo but its growing on me. I do like it on the wrap and handlebars though.
Been waiting forever for this bike to come out so I just bought it since it was allocated for me. Coming from a 2011 Roubaix SL2 Comp 8r so this is a huge upgrade for me.
I hear you. I had been waiting a long time too. I am riding a 2016 Roubaix. I’ve lost 50lbs since I bought that bike, so I’m ready to get more aero and lose weight on the bike too!

I’m now looking at building an S-works frame up with the Pro level components and wheels.