New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

smartyiak

by smartyiak

mrlobber wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 am
...the Cannondale logo will be covered by the crankset :noidea:
That's intentional. :D

WOW that's ugly...I thought I wandered into the "freaks" thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

It looks like a Transformer robot.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

wrenegade

by wrenegade

Man that is a horrid looking bike. Looks to be a super small size, but still. The fork rake looks wrong, the cable routing is messy and those colours! UGH! I understand that Cannondale's colour is green, but why olive and neon?

C36

by C36

I can’t imagine a better collection of DO NOT DO!! That goes straight to freak topic...
- cable rooting is absolutely horrible when they had something nice on the SS (brake cable for example). How can you design something so shitty in 2018 (even in 2000 that was not acceptable)
- spacers...
- seat tube is ugly AF, that give such an unbalanced design to the rest of the bike (canyon made something nice there)
- fork rake looks so wrong (why choosing such a small size for demo?)
- colour... the scheme is not too bad in absolute... in blue and white (like some recent Willier) it would look better. Not this colour that looks like a bird-shit
- Cannondale logo hidden behind the cranks...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

How can they managed to make it look similar to Chapter2 Rere but end up 100x uglier?
https://us.chapter2bikes.com/peal-ud-li ... -rere.html

topflightpro

by topflightpro

That green bike is a complete slap in the face to the original System-6, which is still the best frame I've owned.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

The new pic is such a bummer considering I was really into the first spy pics of the pro's rigs. Here's to hoping that one is just unintentionally hideous.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Pretty big let down...
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

srshaw

by srshaw

What on earth is with the stem spacers! That looks to be a tiny frame, will probably look better in a bigger size. I'm not sure it doesn't look that different to a cervelo s5.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

srshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:28 pm
What on earth is with the stem spacers!
Every time I see the stem, all I can see is:
https://corma.com/05/high-speed-corruga ... nage_pipe/
Attachments
PVC.jpg

otoman

by otoman

Cannondale is like that family with two beautiful parents, two beautiful children and a third shockingly ugly child
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

willmac

by willmac

That looks horrible. That stack of spacers and shallow wheels don’t help it at all. The frame is tiny and if I understand correctly, aren’t most companies increasing rake on small bikes to have the same handling as a 56? Colors are pretty crook also. I’ll reserve judgment for the moment although I’m having a hard time doing so.

wingguy

by wingguy

C36 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm
- cable rooting is absolutely horrible when they had something nice on the SS (brake cable for example). How can you design something so shitty in 2018 (even in 2000 that was not acceptable)
I'm sure that's not the real cable routing. It looks to me like they've bodged that bike together with a conventional stem instead of the integrated stem / bar system they've designed it around and ended up thinking that was the best work around for the cables on a non-spec setup.

Granted this is DI2, but the team bikes look like this

JTX

by JTX

wingguy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 pm
C36 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm
I'm sure that's not the real cable routing. It looks to me like they've bodged that bike together with a conventional stem instead of the integrated stem / bar system they've designed it around and ended up thinking that was the best work around for the cables on a non-spec setup.

Granted this is DI2, but the team bikes look like this
That could be how they are routing the cables for the mechanical versions to avoid any sharp 90 degree bends for the cables between bar/stem and stem/headset. You can see in the pictures that where the cables go into the downtube uses the same junction box/cable stop setup as the current Synapses.

C36

by C36

all over FB
https://www.facebook.com/RideArgyle/pho ... =3&theater
Name could be SpeedofSIX, nothing really new, just see an integrated handlebar... may be the only beatiful thing on this bike :( (hope to be wong...)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com