S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sychen

by sychen

ergott wrote:140mm front rotor and I'm not sure a 160mm can fit in that fork. If I'm right that's a hard pass. I won't ride a disc bike with 140mm front rotor.
They spec 160mm for a tarmac.. They'll have a 160mm on this venge too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ergott

by ergott

That's a relief. Looked from the pics like there was limited clearance for the larger diameter.

Carry on!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Alaphilippe was on the new Venge yesterday at the Dauphine.....

Not sure if Pascal Ackerman was on the Venge or the Tarmac... from the front, its hard to tell.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

He's on the venge.. if you goto the Bora and quickstep team websites there are some beautiful clear and large photos in the galleries of all the races

Broady

by Broady

Any word on the weight yet?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ParisCarbon wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 pm
He's on the venge.. if you goto the Bora and quickstep team websites there are some beautiful clear and large photos in the galleries of all the races
It would be awesome if you posted links.

Bora-Hansgrohe

Quickstep Floors cycling

mrlobber

by mrlobber

ergott wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am
140mm front rotor and I'm not sure a 160mm can fit in that fork. If I'm right that's a hard pass. I won't ride a disc bike with 140mm front rotor.
Why? Is there so big decrease in stopping power vs 160mm?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MRM

by MRM

dvq wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm
MRM wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:14 pm
Prefer my old one in terms of looks. Wonder if the new one gets down to 6.8 kg though?
I have the 2018 model so I feel mixed about it, I prefer the downtube and the stem on the 2018, but everything else on the 2019 is better, likely the 2019 will weigh far less as well. I can't tell if the 2019 is a more conventional stem with a fairing or if its fully integrated like the 2018 was, but that whole system weighs a ton.

I'm guessing Specialized will market the 2019 venge as "just as fast" but with more comfort and about 1 lbs less, a more overall aero bike meant to compete better with the likes of the F10.
I agree. I think if they had managed 6.8 kg on the 2017 model, public reaction would have been considerably different.

ergott

by ergott

mrlobber wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 pm
ergott wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am
140mm front rotor and I'm not sure a 160mm can fit in that fork. If I'm right that's a hard pass. I won't ride a disc bike with 140mm front rotor.
Why? Is there so big decrease in stopping power vs 160mm?
In mountaineous terrain you have repeated heavy braking and a smaller rotor is more prone to fade. I also prefer the stopping power. I had the same bike that started out with 140 and I swapped it out. I noticed the improvement right away. For flatter courses and pro tour rider weights I'm sure 140 is fine.

taodemon

by taodemon

I’m really hoping for a rim brake version. If they drop the extra weight the ViAS had while keeping it just as aero in a rim brake version I would be in heaven. If not I might have to settle for a rim brake sl6 as my aero bike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like it fits 160s about as well as most road bikes do...just barely. I can’t even use a Shimano HB20 centerlock lockring on my Emonda because clearance is that tight on any sized rotor.

It definitely uses the reversible brace/adapter.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

taodemon wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 pm
I’m really hoping for a rim brake version. If they drop the extra weight the ViAS had while keeping it just as aero in a rim brake version I would be in heaven. If not I might have to settle for a rim brake sl6 as my aero bike.
I don't think there will be a rim brake version of this new bike... there is no longer a rim brake version of the ViAS. I think the big S will push for all disc in 2019. I don't even think the SL6 rim brake will be seen again in 2019. I think the only rim brake bikes that will be left in the line up will be lower end, older versions.

morganb

by morganb

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 pm
Alaphilippe was on the new Venge yesterday at the Dauphine.....

Not sure if Pascal Ackerman was on the Venge or the Tarmac... from the front, its hard to tell.

No exposed cables definitely the Venge

taodemon

by taodemon

Double post
Last edited by taodemon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

taodemon

by taodemon

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:48 pm
taodemon wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 pm
I don't think there will be a rim brake version of this new bike... there is no longer a rim brake version of the ViAS. I think the big S will push for all disc in 2019. I don't even think the SL6 rim brake will be seen again in 2019. I think the only rim brake bikes that will be left in the line up will be lower end, older versions.
Likely not but at the same time the roubaix rim “frame only” option is showing up on the specialized website finally. Also are they willing to lose sales to all the other aero road bikes available in both? I know the chances are slim of a rim version but I’ll keep hoping until they announce it officially. :p