2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Did pretty well at Oro Y Paz and Andalucia against some top, top tier opposition (albeit early season). I wonder if they've got him down to ride the Dauphine or Tour de Suisse now, that would be a real barometer of where he's at.

Regardless, barring injury, illness or catastrophic loss of motivation it looks like he's a guy who'll be in every GC conversation for the next 15 years!

bilwit

by bilwit

not to mention taking Geraint Thomas out of the picture in Romandie and also sticking it to Richie Porte.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him contesting a GT podium at this point at all though it feels like he has a lot of race miles in at this point of the season. If they have him skip the Tour and line up at the Vuelta as a protected rider who knows..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Tejay seemed to lose his mental bearings when Bernal attacked. At that point he needed to just look at the power meter and ITT it to the finish rather than looking for wheels and trying to follow attacks. It wasn't that steep of a climb. He shouldn't have lost so much to Bernal.

bilwit

by bilwit

AJS914 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:03 am
Tejay seemed to lose his mental bearings when Bernal attacked. At that point he needed to just look at the power meter and ITT it to the finish rather than looking for wheels and trying to follow attacks. It wasn't that steep of a climb. He shouldn't have lost so much to Bernal.
tbf the rest of the contendors (Yates & Majka) got smoked too and he made it a few seconds after them

on a related note, apparently he didn't even use a power meter for the TT :shock:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

yup, I wouldn't hold it against Tejay, he did have a solid ride and now sits comfy on a 2nd overall - not too bad. Bernal (gotta remember that name!) was in an other league, and if he can keep it up he'll either end up banned or winning all there is to win (or possibly both).

Majka looked overcooked, I can't see him anywhere near top3 in the Tour (I imagine that's his goal)

it's always fun to watch ToC as it seems to have a thing for new talents. also the roads are so crazy different it's like watching a race from another planet
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Wookski

by Wookski

Apparently there’s heavy rain on Zoncolan!

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Wookski wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:44 pm
Not raining yet but it is threatened.

Wookski

by Wookski

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:53 pm
Wookski wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:44 pm
Not raining yet but it is threatened.
Yeah Eurosport just cut to the finish and looked dry (for now)

maquisard

by maquisard

Finally a win for the African champion, the booing from the crowds on the Zoncolan for Froome were very obvious.

Yates seemed to be catching Froome when the gradient eased but the former looked over geared in comparison to Froome. The ride of the day was definitely from Dumoulin, I think most were expecting him to lose minutes today.

bilwit

by bilwit

and Froome is suddenly the greatest climber in the world again, what a turn around 8)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

bilwit wrote:and Froome is suddenly the greatest climber in the world again, what a turn around 8)
Puff puff pass

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

Does anyone actually believe in Froome anymore, he has become a bit of a joke in the sport.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Froome shouldn’t even be here!
He should still be banned, but the silly rules allow him to race.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Daniel1975 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Froome shouldn’t even be here!
He should still be banned, but the silly rules allow him to race.

No, the info shouldn't have leaked and Salbuamol shouldn't have been the focal point of cycling for the last six months.