Seatpost with limited/high graphics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

I have a steel Hampsten frame from a few years ago that I've re-purposed from my rain bike to my "dry day winter bike". It is built with a level top tube and a bit of a seat collar above the top tube. I don't have much seatpost showing on it, over time I've switched to a Speedplay setup with dedicated Speedplay sole shoe and that has dropped my saddle height by 10-12mm. If I use a low profile saddle like the current Flite I can show a bit more post but with something like an Aliante the distance from rail to seat collar is 95-100 mm.

Here's where the vanity comes in. I'm trying to find a setup where my small amount of seatpost does not have the graphics submerged 8) I can use a Thomson Masterpiece straight, but cannot use the setback version as the bend occurs before I hit my saddle height. With the Thomson straight I have the saddle jammed all the way back, which is not optimal. So I'm trying to come up with a cockpit solution that has a seatpost whose graphics are minimal and sit very high. I've been looking at the Zipp Service Course SL bar/stem, but the post seems like it will be submerged past the graphics. The carbon Speed SL post seems to have the graphics a bit higher. As does the Fizik 00 Cyrano, where I could use a Cyrano bar/stem combo. If anyone has the Zipp SC SL post, the Zipp Speed SL post, the Cyrano 00, or even the Ritchey Superlogic, can you measure the distance from rails to bottom of graphics?? Vanity is b****

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Remove the graphics or get a blank post from Aliexpress.

joejack951

by joejack951

Bigger Gear wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm
If anyone has the Zipp SC SL post, the Zipp Speed SL post, the Cyrano 00, or even the Ritchey Superlogic, can you measure the distance from rails to bottom of graphics?? Vanity is b****
I completely understand your concern. My commuter/bad weather bike is a level-ish top tube cyclocross bike that I sized up on to be able to more easily use two full size water bottles and have a big headlight battery all within the triangle. The Ritchey WCS post on that bike has some of the logo down inside the seat tube and it has always bugged me.

My main road bike was planned with vanity as a partial factor at least and so has no such issue. I happen to be using a Ritchey Superlogic post on that bike so I just took a measurement for you. I'm getting 11.5cm from the bottom edge of the saddle rails to the bottom edge of the Ritchey logo.

Hope this helps.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Marin wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am
Remove the graphics or get a blank post from Aliexpress.
This. Alloy - acetone. Carbon - razor, sandpaper and clearcoat. None of it hard.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

joejack951 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:55 pm
I completely understand your concern. My commuter/bad weather bike is a level-ish top tube cyclocross bike that I sized up on to be able to more easily use two full size water bottles and have a big headlight battery all within the triangle. The Ritchey WCS post on that bike has some of the logo down inside the seat tube and it has always bugged me.

My main road bike was planned with vanity as a partial factor at least and so has no such issue. I happen to be using a Ritchey Superlogic post on that bike so I just took a measurement for you. I'm getting 11.5cm from the bottom edge of the saddle rails to the bottom edge of the Ritchey logo.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the measurement!

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

From memory, I've about 11 cm of seatpost showing on my SuperSix, which is *just* enough to show the full graphic on the Fizik Cyrano (R1, but the graphics are the same).

robertbb

by robertbb

Ritchey carbon WCS zero offset.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

robertbb wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 am
Ritchey carbon WCS zero offset.
-this- the logo is high on these posts. They are also great posts.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

+1 Ritchey WCS or Superlogic