Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

Try the fields labeled power(vs lap avg) and power(vs workout avg). I can’t confirm right now, but these appear to display instantaneous power and whether it is above or below the avg. not obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Anyone using Assioma Duo update their Bolt and notice the avg cadence is screwed up? Last 3 rides shows avg as 59rpm but when I upload files to Strava or Golden Cheetah the cadence is as it should be, between 87-91

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

AZR3 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 pm
Anyone using Assioma Duo update their Bolt and notice the avg cadence is screwed up? Last 3 rides shows avg as 59rpm but when I upload files to Strava or Golden Cheetah the cadence is as it should be, between 87-91
I am, and noticed the same. I believe it's because of including zeros in the calculation of the average cadence (when coasting). Strava and Golden Cheetah exclude the zeros as far as I know.
I'm more concerned about Wahoo not solving the average power issues with the Assioma's - recorded data is ok, displayed data on the Bolt is way too low...

AZR3

by AZR3

I emailed Wahoo about the cadence issue and also asked when they’d be fixing the avg power as well. It’s been over 6 months and it’s still not been addressed, ridiculous

AZR3

by AZR3

Just got back from a ride and prior turned off "include zeros in cadence" and still shows avg cadence as 58rpm, Strava/GC shows avg as 85rpm. Thinking about dumping the Bolt and getting another Garmin, never had issues with displayed data on any Garmin device and Wahoo seems uninterested in fixing known issues and introducing new ones

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Interesting... I thought that maybe when the firmware updated the "Include zeros in cadence" might have been checked on. I am running the current firmware and that aspect of my set up did not change. I'm not running Assioma pedals though...perhaps that is somehow part of the problem.

Delorre

by Delorre

When following a route (from ridewithgps f.ex), is tere a way in the companion app to see where you are on the route? There is the blue dot left on the screen, but all it does is going back to start-end location. With the strava app for.ex, your smartphone uses gps to show you were you are on the route. Also very usefull when you have a road block in an area with few roads, because, lets be honnest, when you zoom out in the bolt, the map becomes useless, because smaller roads disappear, and you can't zwipe the screen to move over the 'map'. Does ridewithgps have an app that can do the same as the strava app?

AZR3

by AZR3

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:28 pm
Interesting... I thought that maybe when the firmware updated the "Include zeros in cadence" might have been checked on. I am running the current firmware and that aspect of my set up did not change. I'm not running Assioma pedals though...perhaps that is somehow part of the problem.
Seems to be related to the Assioma pedals, dont recall anyone running any other power meter having the issues that have been mentioned with the Assioma pedals. It seems to be just a display error as the values are correct when uploading the file through Strava or GC. Example on today’s ride the bolt and Wahoo app shows avg power as 158w (wahoo file uploaded to Strava/GC shows 213w) and avg cadence as 58rpm (wahoo file uploaded to Strava/GC shows 86rpm). It’s annoying but at least the file is correct so you can view the actual values.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I have no issues with cadence values using the Bolt and FSA Powerbox

AZR3

by AZR3

Emailed Wahoo about the cadence issue and they said they will look into it. Also asked about the avg power issue and he didn’t have an update on when that might be fixed

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

AZR3 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Emailed Wahoo about the cadence issue and they said they will look into it. Also asked about the avg power issue and he didn’t have an update on when that might be fixed
Latest I heard on the average power issue is they are hoping to have more info on a solution "early April"...

On the cadence: to my surprise I noticed that the option to include zeros in the average cadence was switched on in the companion app - apparently it did so after the last update? Can't remember that I did this myself... Will test again now that I have set it to not include zeros.

AZR3

by AZR3

I had zeroes for cadence turned off before update and also noticed it was turned on after the update but I have turned it off and it still shows a super low avg cadence, today shows 59 vs the true 89 in the file.

AZR3

by AZR3

So something strange happened today, I was out and about 3 miles before the end of my ride my Bolt died, guess I didn’t charge it and it just powered down, no low battery warning though which I thought was strange. Since the Assioma has Bluetooth I also run Strava from my phone to record my rides in case the Bolt fails.

So I’m looking over my ride that my phone recorded and when my Bolt has charged enough I recover the ride and look at the data and what do I see? Both my avg power and avg cadence are almost identical to what Strava recorded! My avg power has NEVER been above 160w when viewing ride brought he Wahoo app but now is showing 218w vs 216w that Strava shows and cadence is also very close. The last few rides, since I updated to the latest firmware, had always showed avg cadence as 58rpm or 59rpm.

I’m not sure why this ride was different, nothing was changed and the firmware hasn’t changed either. So strange. I’ll see how tomorrow’s ride goes

TLN

by TLN

Does anyone remember seeing Wahoo Bolt on sale? I'm looking to buy one, but don't want to see "spring sale" next week after I get it
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

djcharlou

by djcharlou

TLN wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:01 am
Does anyone remember seeing Wahoo Bolt on sale? I'm looking to buy one, but don't want to see "spring sale" next week after I get it
Not the Bolt but the elemnt is on sale at sigmasports, didn't believe it at first but it's cheaper than the bolt !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com