Easy to clean white bartape

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Multebear

by Multebear

I’m running white lizardskin, and it’s all black now. Impossable to clean anymore. Didn’t even run it for very long. What do you recommend, that is easy to clean and thus stays white.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dim

by dim

Multebear wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm
I’m running white lizardskin, and it’s all black now. Impossable to clean anymore. Didn’t even run it for very long. What do you recommend, that is easy to clean and thus stays white.
leave as it is .... the dirtier it gets, the more character it gets

it's like the patina on an old antique oak wardrobe

and when the bartape gets dirty (it wil actually get hues of grey), it shows that you actually ride often :lol:
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

Multebear

by Multebear

Thanks dim. I like the idea. But for now I would like to solve the actually problem. Later when I get tired of cleaning it (coming from years and years with black) I’ll probably leave it.

bilwit

by bilwit

Fizik Performance. Uses a synthetic material that doesn't absorb muck and stuff like traditional cork or whatever tape. Just a quick swipe with wet wipes is all you need. I've used it throughout this past rainy winter and I usually don't even bother cleaning it when I'm wiping down the drive train/wheels after every ride. Maybe not 100% gleaming like Day 1 but they're still damn white without much upkeep at all.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Any of the all silicon tapes will not take up any stain at all. I use the fabric silicon tape. Its comfy and grippy and stays white. It does get abraided in high stress areas like most tapes (behind hoods, drops) and the diamond texture comes off. I wonder if a textureless silicon tape might wear well
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C36

by C36

NiFTY wrote:Any of the all silicon tapes will not take up any stain at all. I use the fabric silicon tape. Its comfy and grippy and stays white. It does get abraided in high stress areas like most tapes (behind hoods, drops) and the diamond texture comes off. I wonder if a textureless silicon tape might wear well
Any idea of the weight? Saw a silicone one in the 120g range, versus 50s(max) for the different bar tape I used

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Prologo One touch. Whatever the makeup of the material is, it does not get dirty..

Never cheer before you know who is winning

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ESI RCT Wrap is the best silicone wrap, bar none...if you don't mind the weight. I just can't quit Lizard Skins DSP. It overlaps really nice, I have no problems with its wet grip and they're still the only ones making decent finishing strips.

coriordan

by coriordan

Deda carbon seems good for me

Fizik microtex

Just change it once a year

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 am
I just can't quit Lizard Skins DSP. It overlaps really nice, I have no problems with its wet grip and they're still the only ones making decent finishing strips.
I love the feel of Lizard Skins but just can't seem to figure out how to wrap it correctly. The window between too little tension (tape starts moving) and too much (tape wears out fast) seems very small. Lizard Skins instructions to not stretch the tape at all is just totally bogus…

Miller

by Miller

Fizik glossy white holds its looks very well.

micky

by micky

+1 for Fizik Microtex; it cleans easily with some degreaser and got tapes lasting almost 1 year and still looking good.

Wookski

by Wookski

micky wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 am
+1 for Fizik Microtex; it cleans easily with some degreaser and got tapes lasting almost 1 year and still looking good.
+ infinity
Fizik superlight Classic (Microtex) just stays white. If only they made a version that’s asnt perforated!

To try to add some value to a subject that could have easily been searched I have found the Pro Race Control tape to be very easy to clean due to its microfibre outer. Only issue is that it’s f#%ken heavy and very thick.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 am
ESI RCT Wrap is the best silicone wrap, bar none...if you don't mind the weight. I just can't quit Lizard Skins DSP. It overlaps really nice, I have no problems with its wet grip and they're still the only ones making decent finishing strips.
I used it for a while and found that I would wear through it quite quickly at the hoods. The tape would disintegrate. I never experienced that with any other tape in my 30 years of cycling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

micky wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 am
another vote for microtex

fwiw when it gets a bit dirty, i use a little washing up liquid on a wet cloth to clean it