2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

queloque67

by queloque67

I changed my mind....i'm going to call. LOL

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

queloque67 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 pm
Haha I sincerely hope that we are wrong. Piece of mind it worth its weight in ?grams?
2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

queloque67

by queloque67

Alpine318is wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm
queloque67 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:51 pm
Haha I sincerely hope that we are wrong. Piece of mind it worth its weight in ?grams?
Turns out that wasn't the Ultralight. Bike shop has to order the correct one. Specialized said the Ultralight is the one with the grayish white text for the logo.

MRM

by MRM

I will take my thanks and thank-you-Tarmac now. :lol:

queloque67

by queloque67

MRM wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 am
I will take my thanks and thank-you-Tarmac now. :lol:
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

cassard

by cassard

Bordcla wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:39 pm
cassard wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm
damn lucky, in Canada, there is no Frameset and UL available. Only full bike at 12 800$ CAD, seriously not that bad for the package with the powermeter.
I think I know you from another forum and quite like what you generally post. I certainly have no beef against you, so please don't take this personal: I think your post is proof that the constant battering of ever pricier bicycles has seriously distorted our perception of "reasonable" when it comes to prices.

They're selling the frame alone for more than $4.5K and the wheels for 3 grand! That is insane.

$4K buys several other very decent COMPLETE bikes, and I'm not talking cheapy alloy with 105 or Tiagra. You could get a while Cervelo S3 with Ultegra and half-decent wheels for $4K. Very much a World Tour worthy frame, and not some piece of cheap garbage.

I can understand the more complex manufacturing of an S-Works frame increases cost to a degree, but the upcharge has reached ridiculous levels that we start to take for granted.

Enough of these 13K Specialized and $16K Treks! It's insane!
oh I totally agree with you and I don't take it personal. This price is indeed insane !! I was mostly saying reasonable when you compare to the S-works Venge Vias Di2 that retailed at 16 000$ MSRP when it came out or the dogma F10 I build at my job (20K +). (with the same features but it's an aerobike instead of a non-aero). Yea my view of it can be a bit distorted since I work in a bike store. I see bikes every time I go to work. The most impressive thing about expensive bikes isn't the price, but the quantity we sell. I guess it might be a reason why I'm use to see so many expensive machines and it doesn't impress me anymore.

I also agree that a 3-4k bike with nice wheels will have an almost unseeing difference compared to a 10K + bike.

ahah you probably know me from MR I guess ;)

Prawn

by Prawn

Something seems askew. Ultralite frames appear to be in the right box but are the wrong colour and unexpectedly heavy. Did the work experience person in the factory take the ultralight frames and forget to put them through the ultralight paint process?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Prawn wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 am
Something seems askew. Ultralite frames appear to be in the right box but are the wrong colour and unexpectedly heavy. Did the work experience person in the factory take the ultralight frames and forget to put them through the ultralight paint process?
I talked with my dealer. The Ultralights have the gray/reflective logo. The stenciled prism/black logo frame is not an Ultralight, but it does have a minimal paint job (you can see the top layer of raw carbon,) so it is going to be a bit lighter than any of the more elaborately painted versions. As of right now the Ultralight is being offered only as a frame.

If you ordered an Ultralight and received a stenciled logo frame, it seems they sent you the wrong frame. Then again I wouldn't worry about it too much...the stencil looks better. It seems the only distinguishment between Ultralight and normal-frame is sorting of fully assembled blanks.

Prawn

by Prawn

The non-ultralight outlined 'S-WORKS' version looks fabulous in real life. Still, my inner weight weenie loves the idea of only adding 10g of paint! I saw a 56cm red/white/black version - which also looked amazing in terms of the impecable frame junctions, quality of the paint finish, and iridescence of the red colour.

jlok

by jlok

I 2nd that. Saw that a few days ago. I hate Suecialized as a brand but have to admit that particular bike looks great.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Probably not the right place or thread, but, for me who don't feel any particular way about Specialized (or other brands), what is that make you hate them?

jlok

by jlok

You better open another thread about that...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jlok wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 am
I 2nd that. Saw that a few days ago. I hate Suecialized as a brand but have to admit that particular bike looks great.
https://i.imgur.com/LC5mzEIl.jpg

That's a good shot of the outer layup too, so yeah, not sure I'd spend $500 extra for the Ultralight when I bet most of these black/black-prism S-Works will be very, very close in weight. I do find it amusing that these disc SL6 frames might be consistently lighter than their rim-brake counterparts. Now it makes sense why Specialized is claiming the disc builds are only 250-350g heavier...because the rim brake frames were almost 100g heavier...lol.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I've seen both of the complete disc colorways in person now and I really can't decide which one I like better. The black hologram stroke bike is great, but the red/white is pretty stellar too.

glander

by glander

So can anyone confirm that they have recieved an Ultralight Frame? if so please post a pic as it is no longer listed on the Specialized Website.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com