201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frohrider

by frohrider

Another pink build 8) - ordered back in May '17 it did find its way finally. Build weight ended up slightly over 7kg (7.1kg/15.6lbs) - no need for superlight parts on this bike by now. Still getting used to the handling..

Had to add some decals to the chainstays - the bike looked to 'silent' for a racebike :P . Did them in orcal fluorecent vinyl and the color match pretty closely.

Parts.. Campagnolo, Rotor InPower, Praxis Works Rings, Mavic Ultimates and a Berk Saddle. Stem is not final as a need to find out if a 130mm would be a better fit.
Attachments
Allez_Pink.jpg
Last edited by frohrider on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

frohrider wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:36 pm
Another pink build 8) - ordered back in May '17 it did find its way finally. Build weight ended up slightly over 7kg (7.1kg/15.6lbs) - no need for superlight parts on this bike by now. Still getting used to the handling..

Had to ad some Decals to the Chainstays - the Bike looked to 'silent' for a racebike :P .

Parts.. Campagnolo, Rotor InPower, Praxis Works Rings, Mavic Ultimates and a Berk Saddle. Stem is not final as a need to find out if a 130mm would be a better fit.
That looks proper.. great build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mvcap

by mvcap

mvcap wrote:@CrankAddictsRich try calling The Bike Lab in Oklahoma City as they still had that frame available as of a couple days ago
Saw it today, Allez Sprint Graffiti size 54 is available at The Bike Lab in Oklahoma City.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

mvcap wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:55 am
mvcap wrote:@CrankAddictsRich try calling The Bike Lab in Oklahoma City as they still had that frame available as of a couple days ago
Saw it today, Allez Sprint Graffiti size 54 is available at The Bike Lab in Oklahoma City.
Thanks guys... my buddy ended up picking up a Venge

TLN

by TLN

I've noticed that my seatpost is sliding down a little. It hard to notice during one ride, since it moved just a little, but still.
Does anyone else have same issue? What do you do with it? Should I try carbon grease, or something else? I don't want to crank those two screws, as I'm afraid It might crack the seatpost because of a shape
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

TLN wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 pm
I've noticed that my seatpost is sliding down a little. It hard to notice during one ride, since it moved just a little, but still.
Does anyone else have same issue? What do you do with it? Should I try carbon grease, or something else? I don't want to crank those two screws, as I'm afraid It might crack the seatpost because of a shape
When you tightned down the clamp, did you use a torque wrench and verify you have enough torque on it? Carbon paste wouldn't hurt, but I'm just under 100KG and I've never had an issue with the post slipping without it. I did have the seat rail clamp slip on me once, but I know I had it under torqued on that occasion.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

TLN

by TLN

IrrelevantD wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:19 pm
When you tightned down the clamp, did you use a torque wrench and verify you have enough torque on it? Carbon paste wouldn't hurt, but I'm just under 100KG and I've never had an issue with the post slipping without it. I did have the seat rail clamp slip on me once, but I know I had it under torqued on that occasion.
Same for me. I'm around 100kilos, may be a bit over it.
I don't have a torque wrench (need to get one). Will try to put more paste today and see how it goes.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Carbogrip

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

TLN

by TLN

Tried carbon paste that I had at home. Seems to be working, but need to ride a little bit more and see.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I had to use a lot of carbon paste to keep mine from slipping, and I'm well under 100kg.

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Build from my Sagan soon ready. I waiting for a straight seatpost, saddle and pedals.
B4C780B8-2A88-4969-868E-9A34EBC4BF6F.jpeg

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

There's a new limited red hook colorway. I like last years a lot better. 2X coming out in July and they're also coming out in the track frame edition later

https://www.instagram.com/iamspecialized/?hl=en

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/speci ... t-espresso

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

hanakuso1 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:28 pm
There's a new limited red hook colorway. I like last years a lot better. 2X coming out in July and they're also coming out in the track frame edition later

Sooo tempted.... but I don't have any bikes left that I can sell to pay for it.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

mule

by mule

hanakuso1 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Ordered. While much more polarizing than last years, both are, in my eyes, art. I hope specialized continues to use the allez red hook as a performing canvas.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com