4iiii Podium vs Stages L/R

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

Now both dual sides powermeters seems to be available to public, it's time for me to think about to 'upgrade' my 2 year old left side stage 9000 crank. As I didn't have any issue in maybe 30.000 km, I tend to go for the L/R 9100 stages. The added weight is around only 35gr (I saw a scale pic @ 664gr), but:

*I would like to get rit of the coin batteries
*You clearly see the drive side pod
*The blue Stages lettering is visible on both sides.

This leads me to the new 4iiii Podium :

*Completely invisible from the side with no lettering or visible pod
*Micro USB (but only 60 hours running time)
*Added weight unknown. Non-drive side only 'should be' + 9gr. Someone found the exact extra weight for both sides?

Any other thoughts on these units, or things I didn't mention but that could be relevant in the choise?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saverin

by saverin

Delorre wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm
Now both dual sides powermeters seems to be available to public, it's time for me to think about to 'upgrade' my 2 year old left side stage 9000 crank. As I didn't have any issue in maybe 30.000 km, I tend to go for the L/R 9100 stages. The added weight is around only 35gr (I saw a scale pic @ 664gr), but:

*Added weight unknown. Non-drive side only 'should be' + 9gr. Someone found the exact extra weight for both sides?

Any other thoughts on these units, or things I didn't mention but that could be relevant in the choise?

Weight will be 16g for a dual sided Podiiiium (8g per side).

Delorre

by Delorre

saverin wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Delorre wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Weight will be 16g for a dual sided Podiiiium (8g per side).
Source ? But thx allready !

saverin

by saverin

My source is very, very close to the company....

Cemicar

by Cemicar

I wonder why 4iiii doesn't make the weight public, especially since it's incredible for being a dual side powermeter (oh wait, it's very light even among one-sides). It may totally justify such an ephemeral battery lifetime.

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

saverin wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am
My source is very, very close to the company....
:lol: :lol: very true haha :wink: :wink:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like the Podiiiium has the one thing the old Precision was missing too...automatic temp compensation.

If only they made a SRAM Red option...yeah yeah...carbon bodied cranks are hard!

savechief

by savechief

Dredging up a few months old thread, but 4iiii announced at Sea Otter that they now have Precision and Podiiiium power meters for several carbon cranks, including SRAM Red.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

savechief wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:41 am
Dredging up a few months old thread, but 4iiii announced at Sea Otter that they now have Precision and Podiiiium power meters for several carbon cranks, including SRAM Red.
Dual-leg is still Shimano-only unless you count the two SRAM MTB cranksets. There's definitely no room behind the Red DS crank for the hidden version of the Podiiiium. Maybe they'll make a special housing that sits in one of the cutouts on the chainring at some point...

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

savechief wrote:Dredging up a few months old thread, but 4iiii announced at Sea Otter that they now have Precision and Podiiiium power meters for several carbon cranks, including SRAM Red.
Old thread but you mean sram red 22 etap? The one i have, I can't remove the spindle from the non drive side arm.

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Ninja

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

d36

by d36

I have a podium

Mine reads a few watts high
Battery actually lasts really long before needing a charge
Depite being smaller it rubs the chainstay on one of my frames (same frame fits stages & pioneer fine)
Signal is really good tho - hasnt dropped once