What powermeters do Campagnolo users have?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

Just went through a decision making process on this, and ended up pulling the trigger 30 minutes ago on Garmin Vector 3 dual. This will be my first power meter... here's hoping they show up quickly and work as seamlessly as I hope they will.

For sale: Speedplay Zero pedals :-)

fogman

by fogman

Of the 3 pro teams that are sponsored by Campagnolo, 2 (Movistar & UAE) use P2M and the other (Lotto-Soudal) uses SRM.

Of the P2M users here, do you prefer the NG or the NGeco? I am debating between the convenience of a rechargeable battery (NG) vs. the longer coin cell battery life (NGeco).

I agree that the cost of the crank arms is what makes the Campagnolo P2M more expensive than other P2M models. I have not seen these crank arms available through authorized Campagnolo dealers and they appear to be the same crank arms as on the SRM power meter.

I have a Stages Super Record left crank arm power meter. I use it on my Dogma 65.1 as there is not enough chainstay clearance to use on my F10. Otherwise I have had no problems with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shmitt

by Shmitt

fogman wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 pm
Of the P2M users here, do you prefer the NG or the NGeco? I am debating between the convenience of a rechargeable battery (NG) vs. the longer coin cell battery life (NGeco).
Remember about P2M type S. If You do not use bluetooth - in my opinion type S is better secure from wheather - place where put the coin battery.

avispa

by avispa

Calnago wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:28 pm
Aside from it's durability, accuracy and proven longevity... yes... the design is just so clean and unobtrusive... you can barely tell it's a power meter, and I like that...
Hey Cal,

Just one minor observation. You must cover the "Dura-Ace" logo on those pedals with a Campy decal!!! NOW!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

powertap

atakaoka

by atakaoka

I don't need a Power meter but I'm using Power Pod.
cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

audiojan

by audiojan

Quarq Elsa with Q-rings 50/36 on my road bikes and Quarq Else with Absolute Black chainrings on my tri bike
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

moonoi

by moonoi

audiojan wrote:Quarq Elsa with Q-rings 50/36 on my road bikes and Quarq Else with Absolute Black chainrings on my tri bike
You're using a Quarq with an otherwise Campy drivetrain?

I couldn't get that configuration to work, as the spacing for the SRAM crank and Campy crank are different which caused chain rub and crap shifting on the front derailleur. That was on a C60 (56s) with an otherwise SR drivetrain. I ended up selling the dzero and getting the Stages SR power meter which other than battery drain issues in the beginning, has been perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

audiojan

by audiojan

moonoi wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 am
audiojan wrote:Quarq Elsa with Q-rings 50/36 on my road bikes and Quarq Else with Absolute Black chainrings on my tri bike
You're using a Quarq with an otherwise Campy drivetrain?

I couldn't get that configuration to work, as the spacing for the SRAM crank and Campy crank are different which caused chain rub and crap shifting on the front derailleur. That was on a C60 (56s) with an otherwise SR drivetrain. I ended up selling the dzero and getting the Stages SR power meter which other than battery drain issues in the beginning, has been perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Took quite a bit to setup the F/D and the Q-rings doesn't make it easier, but yes, shifts really well. Must've spent an hour or more fiddling with f/d angle and height though
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

avispa

by avispa

Well guys... Looks like Pwer2Max may be in the horizon for me as soon as the SRMs stop responding.

I had a brief conversation with SRM USA today and it seems that they are not pushing any power meter other than their Origin. I personally think that Power Meter is ugly as hell. I would try Pwer2Max or any other band before I go that route.

nismosr

by nismosr

Super Record stages and p2m ng eco on a 3d+ arm and praxis rings.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Geoff

by Geoff

I really like my Campagnolo SRM, too. The arms are made by Campagnolo for SRM, so they are really perfect.

@avispa, you may have a long wait. My oldest SRM is almost 20 years old...

avispa

by avispa

Wow guys!
I just realized that SRM has taken down all the Campagnolo Power Meters off their shop web sites. Also, I spoke to the USA service center and they said "we have no idea if SRM will ship us more Campagnolo Power Meters". I hope:
1) that is is an indication that Campy may be coming out with their own power meter or
2) This is a temporary thing... Tho I get the feeling they are pushing their incredibly ugly Origin crank-set.

Have any of you had good luck with the service from Power2Max?

jfranci3

by jfranci3

fogman wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 pm
Of the 3 pro teams that are sponsored by Campagnolo, 2 (Movistar & UAE) use P2M and the other (Lotto-Soudal) uses SRM.

I agree that the cost of the crank arms is what makes the Campagnolo P2M more expensive than other P2M models. I have not seen these crank arms available through authorized Campagnolo dealers and they appear to be the same crank arms as on the SRM power meter.

I have a Stages Super Record left crank arm power meter. I use it on my Dogma 65.1 as there is not enough chainstay clearance to use on my F10. Otherwise I have had no problems with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a coin cell Classic P2M. It lasts MONTHS. I change it with chains or so. A coincell battery has a lot more power in it than a similar rechargeable. I got rid of a AA battery computer mouse for a USB rechargeable... that was a HUGE mistake. Same with my Be-Seen lights for my bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

avispa wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 am
Have any of you had good luck with the service from Power2Max?
Yes, and they've been first class on all counts. The only downside to buying from Power2Max IMO is that you can't pay using a credit card. It's bank transfer only IIRC.