Colnago C60 authenticity?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am
that's true on many bikes. trek's lifetime frame warranty is only for the original owner
Why post the entire OP's original post over again, and then tell us something that any imbecile can tell you?

OP - had you put up a picture of the RD hanger, that might have cleared it up straight away.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrMojo

by MrMojo

Looks genuine to me. I recently removed the threadfit cups on mine to install di2 cable and junctions and could see the bottom bracket lug had a serial number printed on the inside of it. Check if yours has?
2021 Colnago Master
2020 Colnago C64
2017 Colnago C60
2017 Colnago V1-R
2014 Cipollini RB1K
2008 Colnago Extreme C
2005 Colnago C50
2001 Colnago C40
1996 Colnago Tecnos

nestornnk

by nestornnk

There is nothing to worry about the authenticity,the frame is a REAL Colnago.
Concerning the metal sleeve in the BB Colnago changed the design sometime in early 2017.
Build it and fully enjoy it

beeatnik

by beeatnik

nickstea wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 am
beeatnik wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 am
Does it have an integrated cable stop on the chainstay?
Thanks for the input so far, what a helpful community.

Yes it does have the integrated cable stop on the chainstay.

are you talking about this piece?

ImageScreen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.28.29 PM by Nick Stea, on Flickr
C60s unlike C59s have a removable rd cable stop as shown in the first pic above. The fakes run the cable internally, exiting above the chainstay. Check out this thread on Paceline on the quality of fake C60s

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=211046

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

This chart below is still the best reference I have come across re differences between the fake vs real... it's already referenced at the beginning of this thread... but here it is again... in case anyone missed it...
http://nnkracing.com/wp-content/uploads ... 0_FAKE.pdf
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nickstea

by nickstea

Thanks to everyone that responded for easing my concerns, and a special thanks to @ Colnago who took the time to respond to my neuroticism on multiple threads. I can’t wait for the bike to be built up and get it on the road!
Last edited by nickstea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickstea

by nickstea

MrMojo wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 pm
Looks genuine to me. I recently removed the threadfit cups on mine to install di2 cable and junctions and could see the bottom bracket lug had a serial number printed on the inside of it. Check if yours has?
@ MrMojo - This is awesome info, I'll check for this.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I would have suggested removing the Threadfit cups if you were still thinking it has to be fake for some reason, but you need a special tool for that. If you have it, then great. I would always like to remove those cups upon initial build anyway, then reinstall them to ensure they are properly torqued to the shell. Otherwise, just trust us... it's real. Oh, and it's @Calnago (as in Calvin Klein), just a play on the Colnago name, which is all Ernesto. Accept no substitutes!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

beeatnik wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm
C60s unlike C59s have a removable rd cable stop as shown in the first pic above. The fakes run the cable internally, exiting above the chainstay. Check out this thread on Paceline on the quality of fake C60s

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=211046
Dual use C59s also had the removable cable stop, but yes the mechanical only versions had it riveted on.