Look 795 light vs Colnago C60 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ringo

by Ringo

Hi to everyone,
I’m new to the forum and English, isn’t my native language.

So Look 795 light or Colnago C60 ?

My dealer has these two frames in the same (very very good) price.
I respect both companies for their great history and I m very happy that I am able to purchase any of the two.
I know that those two cannot exactly be compared to each other but my question remains:
which of the two?
(don’t forget that I found only those two specific frames in a good deal)
I know that in that price range you cannot fail whichever you chose and I know that in the end most people says: buy the one that makes you wanna ride it more.

BUT in my eyes they look great and I’m sure that they will ride just fine.

I always liked how special, proportionate and classic is the C60 but 795 seems to have WAY more tech in it.

It’s emotions vs logic? Is C60 overrated, overpriced and I am just hyped about its mystique?
On the other side, will 795 looks “funny” after few years while C60 looks still fresh?
Also I read some reviews for 795 and I was disappointed, while every C60 review is good.

Thanks in advance!
XXTi
C60

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

795 looks “funny” now, never mind a few years. I love my C60 but don’t think I could ever love a 795. The new Huez looks good though, and the 695!is an all time classic. I don’t think proprietary tech is a good thing though, I prefer standards but that’s just me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

the colnago is a more traditional bike. i don't like the handlebars on the look they look integrated. is a normal bar possible?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

yinya

by yinya

C60, just because more people seem to be happy with it, so just based on probability my bet would be on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

I have a Look 595 and a C60.
While the Look is certainly older than the one you are looking at, likely the ride characteristics are similar. My 595's steering is a little tighter that that of C60, C60 rides a tad smoother, more predictable handling.

Both are great bikes built by companies with good reputations.

not as big a fan of Look these days due to their use of ever more proprietary parts on their frames - I like having options.
It only hurts if you think.

Ringo

by Ringo

Wow! Thanks for the quick response to everyone!
I have to agree with the thing that 795 restricts options for (most) aftermarket components, isn’t very good.

@fromtrektocolnago I’m not sure, but this isn’t an issue for me
XXTi
C60

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Look hasn't been selling well where I am for quite some time. To me that's another negative. I was looking at Merckx and noticed the same thing. Not too long after they got sold. Not suggesting Look is folding but its not a good sign.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

ak47

by ak47

Successor to the C60 will be presented in a few days. Have you considered it?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The 795 may look odd but it quick and that surely is the point of these kind of bikes. Performance over all else is the 795 it not a bike for life. If buy for looks then performances matter little and we would all ride old steel bikes.

Shrike

by Shrike

What are the two colourways and what bikes have you got at the moment. Just wondering if this is to be your main ride and what sort of riding you usually do.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Note that 795 was announced in 2014. Given pretty much most manufactures release new bikes every 3 or 4 year, not sure it's the time to consider LOOK 795.

And same thing can be said for C60 (C64 is indeed coming) or Skylon (something new is announced next month).

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Cemicar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 pm
Note that 795 was announced in 2014. Given pretty much most manufactures release new bikes every 3 or 4 year, not sure it's the time to consider LOOK 795.

And same thing can be said for C60 (C64 is indeed coming) or Skylon (something new is announced next month).
given my own personal preferences, I would wait for the c64. or get a c60 after the c64 release
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Ringo

by Ringo

As I stated in the first post,it’s those two. Only.
At 3000€ Which is the deal I got, I doubt that I can reach the new Look/C64/skylon.
Of course nothing lasts forever, but I feel safer with Colnago in the way that they don’t do dramatic changes on their bikes.
Look on the other side may present something totally different in the next model and if it’s totally different I will feel cheated..
Let me give you an example what I mean:
I remember when F8 was presented and I felt somehow pinarello shot in the head the previous dogma and their costumers.
Suddenly the trusted/revolutionary “wavy” fork/stays...gone!
I trust more the linear evolution of a design.
(and I think I answered my initial question..)
XXTi
C60

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I had the same question for months, but eventually went with the C60. I sincerely detest proprietary parts to bikes, and that alone made me choose against the Look.

I also have a 595 and, unlike some, I do love the ISP in it. Built it years ago and still works like on day1. The new Huez seems interesting and appealing, but it will be hard for them to compete with equal bikes at their elevated price points. I wouldn’t mind trying one out, but that will have to wait quite a bit!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coriordan

by coriordan

If I was young and/or fit enough and importantly had the money to change down the line, I would buy the Look. At least for me then it would answer the 'what if' question and I had the fitness to do it justice because, as thecycleclinic says, it's an out and out aero race bike. Then, when you grew older and slower, you can sell it for a Colnago, which, as a C59 owner, is sublime.

Otherwise, I would take the C60 every day of the week.