Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm
XCProMD wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm
I have no idea as to where this whole rumor of Colnago being taken over by Giant comes from.

Colnago is a private owned company, a fairly small one. It seems to be doing fine although only its owners, the banks and the Italian government know, as they don’t need to publish any info on their profit or results.

From what I know they have never paid with equity their suppliers, and they have no debt with them. They take credit from a couple of Italian banks, that’s all.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
i've also heard that giant has a minority equity stake. this is not uncommon for private companies to raise money and gain expertise in this manner. it also provides giant with marketing know-how.
AFAIK Giant has no stake in Colnago but just a cooperation agreement. That makes sense as Colnago doesn't have the need of so much financial assets for the production of bikes compared to Campagnolo for the R&D and the production of the components.

Giant is more interested to be able to buy the brand Colnago.
Actually Giant could hire some good Italian designers for their paint jobs etc...as their frames looks really terrible in terms of paint jobs.
But it seems that it is not their priority for the Giant brand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinc

by vinc

Let’s wait and see until 9. February. I guess it will be more like an update the v1-r had into the v2-r.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

micky

by micky

There's a video (in low quality) of Aru wheeling on what seems to be indeed the new bike with the C64 logo but can't notice any major design change.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Maybe they painted a 4 on a C60 for that Aru teaser to keep us guessing

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

we'll know more in 3 weeks
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

gede

by gede

Zakalwe wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 pm
Maybe they painted a 4 on a C60 for that Aru teaser to keep us guessing
I believe this is spot-on. Even the painting of the bike and the logo seems exactly the same as the C60, only the '0' looks more like a '4'. It's just a message that a C64 could be comming, but without showing the actual new C64 already...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

As far as I know the C64 has been fully engineered by Colnago.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nestornnk

by nestornnk

C64 will be fully designed and build by Colnago in Italy.
Direct mount brakes,same seatpost like the V2-r,different dropouts are some of the changes.
Will start with 4 normal colours and 2 art decor.Plus a team colour that has not been confirmed yet
Price will be around 5% higher than the C60 but now the seatpost will be always included

mag

by mag

Proprietary seatpost? Uh oh, I hate this (self-censored) a lot. On those photos it seemed like the seatpost would be thinner but I didn't imagine they'd go that far.
I'm currently waiting for the C60 to arrive, but recently contacted the shop regarding the possibility to make change to C64 and it still seems to be possible for me. But now I may end up with C60 after all. Will think about it...

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Seatpost has always been included, hasn’t it? Just not in the UK, if you buy through maestro (uses Belgian distributor I think) then you get a Seatpost

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

mag wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm
Proprietary seatpost? Uh oh, I hate this (self-censored) a lot. On those photos it seemed like the seatpost would be thinner but I didn't imagine they'd go that far.
I'm currently waiting for the C60 to arrive, but recently contacted the shop regarding the possibility to make change to C64 and it still seems to be possible for me. But now I may end up with C60 after all. Will think about it...
I don't like this move away from round seat posts. As I understand it the new proprietary ones are more aero but if there's an accident or a collision they don't give and are more likely to see damage than the old standards.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit...

wilwil

by wilwil

will a U shaped seat post make us all faster? Bollox

corky

by corky

wilwil wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:10 pm
will a U shaped seat post make us all faster? Bollox
But it makes an internal clamp work well.......and they are de rigueur a ce moment.....everyone’s doing them....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I thought the rumor was that the C64 was going to round 27.2mm with the internal clamp?