Adding color to black bike. Ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TLN

by TLN

Got a new bike for 2018 season - Specialized Tarmac disc, Black matte frame with black gloss decals. Roval CLX 40 wheels. Basically black on black. Not a fan of super-flashy colors, nor fan of super-stealth bike. Thinking about how to add some nice and tasteful color options to a bike.
Can only think of bartape, plugs, topcap. Anything else? What would you do in that case? (Other than getting a new bike lol).
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Some stickers? Either to make for example the colour of a flag or just some funny stickers.

Colored bottle cage.

thegunner

by thegunner

skewers, bartape, saddle.

these database thread merges are weird :(

fogman

by fogman

Why the incorrect title to this thread?

Edit: I see they fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by fogman on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

TLN

by TLN

TonyM wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 am
Some stickers? Either to make for example the colour of a flag or just some funny stickers.

Colored bottle cage.
Nah. Not a fan of stickers honestly.
thegunner wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:42 pm
skewers, bartape, saddle.

these database thread merges are weird :(
Yeah. that's what I though. But wait. Can I get a skewers in particular color?

TonyM

by TonyM

Some manufacturers have colored skewers indeed.

Bottle cage colored.

Stickers can be like on the C60 and show the Italian colors etc...

fogman

by fogman

I added color to my mostly black bike with water bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

robertbb

by robertbb

Only thing I don't like about coloured bottles - hard to see how much fluid u have left! Coloured tops might be better.

liam7020

by liam7020

TLN wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Got a new bike for 2018 season - Specialized Tarmac disc, Black matte frame with black gloss decals. Roval CLX 40 wheels. Basically black on black. Not a fan of super-flashy colors, nor fan of super-stealth bike. Thinking about how to add some nice and tasteful color options to a bike.
Can only think of bartape, plugs, topcap. Anything else? What would you do in that case? (Other than getting a new bike lol).
Have to ask - why did you buy a bike when you were'nt particularly fussed on the colourway or lack of it?!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

grover

by grover

Sidewall of tyres?

Cables (Jagwire Elite Link)

Bartape (but needs to match saddle!)

Perhaps get the Specialized and Tarmac logos made in a colour to go over the gloss black decals.

Shrike

by Shrike

Stick a heart on the downtube, De Rosa style :P

Strip of pink tape on the seat tube. Looks class, very hip at the moment. Can be pink and white.

@fogman your bike don't need no coloured bottle. Looks menacing and cool AF 8)

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Typically, I will accent my bikes with reflective tape which typically can be found in black [very dark grey], red, white, orange, blue, etc. You can find it fairly cheap at auto parts stores. I do this because most of my rides either start, or are entirely pre-dawn. So not only does it put a little bit of personalization on the bike, but it makes me a little bit more visible.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

Mep

by Mep

I have a black Cannondale with streaks of lime green on the fork and seattube. I used bolts, crimps, and decals to bring out the color more. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TLN

by TLN

liam7020 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:56 am
Have to ask - why did you buy a bike when you were'nt particularly fussed on the colourway or lack of it?!
Got a super nice deal that I cannot refuse.
And I was totally ok with stealth look, knowing that I can add colors later.
IrrelevantD wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:07 am
Typically, I will accent my bikes with reflective tape which typically can be found in black [very dark grey], red, white, orange, blue, etc. You can find it fairly cheap at auto parts stores. I do this because most of my rides either start, or are entirely pre-dawn. So not only does it put a little bit of personalization on the bike, but it makes me a little bit more visible.
That's a good idea. Especially a dark one. I'm thinking going black/gray and it will be a great mach.
grover wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:46 am
Sidewall of tyres?
Cables (Jagwire Elite Link)
Bartape (but needs to match saddle!)
Perhaps get the Specialized and Tarmac logos made in a colour to go over the gloss black decals.
But I can have black saddle(with any bartape)? I still have limited Phenom saddle from my Allez Edition, but I understand that I have add only Pink/Red after that.

I was thinking about Gumwall tires (Vittoria Corsa).
I was looking at Supacaz Oilslick topcap and barends - not too bright, interesting color. But I don't know what bartape(Black with purple) to match with and that it might look a bit childish. I can also get some screws in oilslick to add a nice touch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dim

by dim

red Chris King R45 Hubs .... red Look Keo pedals ... red helmet ... red water bottles:

but keep the bartape and saddle black
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand