Pinarello Gan semi racer

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

russianbear

by russianbear

I like the Gan in some ways better than the F8/F10. Lines look a little cleaner. I was actually very surprised by the weight for this "entry" level frame, thanks for putting it on the scale.

Lovely build. The WW touches on the seat clamp, fork, and stripping the heavy white paint off the bars are great to see. Spirit of WW is still alive :)

gfinkee

by gfinkee

It suprised me also.. that is why i said that i have to do best i can.. on my budget ofcourse..

so now i got the Berk Hlod saddle.. it is in 3k pattern, so it doesn't match with the rest of the bike.. i am thinking to paint it with mat black.. the saddle is actually from a friend of mine.. who cracked it, cuz his bike hit the deck when he was sitting on the top tube, doing selfie :lol: :lol: so the saddle got repaired and i got it real cheap.. currently 1/2 of the firm, where i am working is hooked and we are on Berk now.. :lol: :lol:

i haven't put it on scale yet, but i will do it in a couple of days..

here are the pictures with the saddle, i didn't set up the seat postpost eight, since i just mount the saddle.. i have to raise it a bit.

the bike has to be around 6,7 now.. will se what the scale shows :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfinkee

by gfinkee

tnx mate :beerchug:

oh, and it is for sale now.. just sayin..
i saw the F8 disk, with new Campy H11 mechanical and bora one disc 35, which my boss build it for himself. without the pedals and cages, with most talon 13cm and astute skylite saddle it was 7,1kg in size 56. wit so i'm thinking in that direction also..

Chris3g

by Chris3g

Hi, where can I get that seatpost top clamp?

loudtiger

by loudtiger

really like the shamal milles on there. my only hesitation is the inevitable wear on the brake track. great looking Gan!

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Hi,

the seatpost clamp is from an old 3T seatpost, but you can by similiar from KCNC.

I tried the tan line tires on but it was a big NO NO.

Few days back i got the Camp. Bora Ultra 35 tub. but then i put vittoria corsa cx tubulars on, which are heavy.. around 280g + glue. so now the bike is around 6,6kg. im a little bit dissapointed. will see what the time brings. I got the wheels cheap... would prefer a 50mm

somebody asked me about comparison between Fizik Aliante and Berk Hlod. The feeling is pretty similar. I feel the edges on Berk sometimes. If you want to avoid that, the choose the padded version. Overall i find Berk more comfortable, even without padding. The bike even felt on the floor few times, and the saddle is ok.. few minor scratches, but i little bit of a grit paper and some polishing will do the job.. i highly recommend Hlod over Aliante.

and a picture from my workplace, to where i commute :) without bibs :)Image

oshkikimi

by oshkikimi

How is ride?

Yetiunio

by Yetiunio

Looking very good!

Chris3g

by Chris3g

gfinkee wrote:Hi,

the seatpost clamp is from an old 3T seatpost, but you can by similiar from KCNC.

Thanks, Berk has created a carbon version of the clamp which i just installed, it's about 26g lighter than the stock part.

I was wondering if you've also done anything about the stock seatpost binder wedge, i noticed it's also quite heavy at 46g?

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Chris3g wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:18 pm
gfinkee wrote:Hi,

Thanks, Berk has created a carbon version of the clamp which i just installed, it's about 26g lighter than the stock part.

I was wondering if you've also done anything about the stock seatpost binder wedge, i noticed it's also quite heavy at 46g?
It is heavy yes. I left it stock. Didn't really had other choice.

The bike was sold last late summer. I'm missing it since. Great bike! I think it is excellent for a light rider or a female or a weekend warrior. The heavier riders or riders with higher output should take S or even RS series. It drives mad! :thumbup:

Roel W

by Roel W

Did you stripped and painted the stem and bar yourself? was is difficult to get a good result?

gfinkee

by gfinkee

Roel W wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm
Did you stripped and painted the stem and bar yourself? was is difficult to get a good result?
Yes i did. ti was a really quick job. The problem was that the Ergonova handlebar didn't go well through stem. So when i have it spot on i scratced it heavily :( So then i just masked the stem and after a little sanding i repainted.

For the handlebar i used the scalpel to scratch the paint off, then sanding and polishing. it was so nice that i wouldn't have to put the clear coat on. But i want to protect it. I used a clear coat from a spray can. If u want to do it properly use the two component clear coat. Pre-mixed stuff is for the garbage.

For the stem i just sand the areas that had logos. I went way too low with grid paper, wanted to do it quick. I was sorry later :| On the clamping area the carbon skinning was really really thin so i came through carbon to aluminum. I just panted that areas using graphite pigment.

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

looks good 8)
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

itguy

by itguy

Nice! Any reviews of the bike now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components