2017 Specialized Allez Sprint LTD II (Now Red Hook Crit)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

L3X

by L3X

SpecializedColnago wrote:The current situation in the garage is getting a little out of hand.

Agree, it's totally ridiculous you have 2 spare hooks on that rail and only this bike to hang... 1 bike missing! :beerchug:

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

You are right. Clearly I can fit at least 1 additional bike on the wall. I'm going to have to notify my wife that an internet stranger says it's ok for me to get another bike haha. I didn't choose the N+1 life, it chose me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

dudemanppl wrote:Just FYI, lifting the rear wheel while sprinting is a technique issue, not too related to a long stem. You can lift the rear wheel with a 50mm stem, or be completely planted with a 150mm stem. Just practice. I had to work on my technique too.

Huh, I have this problem too (although when climbing steep hills rather than sprinting). Always assumed it was a combination of tyre pressure and road surface. :noidea:
What did you do to combat it?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Just be more smooth in power delivery, don't just do sharp jabs of power with every downstroke.

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

What a build.
Absolute credit to your time and effort and getting it to As light as that. [emoji15]

Absolutely love the crit frame, I’ve been toying with the idea of buying one.

I have the Allez sprint but
Having a dilemma myself, as I have a spare Di2 gearset but I have to drill the frame.

Two pictures of mine.

One with zuus 60mm clinchers (which failed) 2nd with a different set of 60’s.

Then

Now

Few things I need to do to get it how I want though [emoji17]

stickystuff

by stickystuff

Hey guys. I am 6'1" and on the the verge of going with a 56mm sprint. I am tall and lanky. Currently ride 56 bmc and 55 deda. have had a few 75-58 and always felt big. Anyone here on a 56 or 58???

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

187cm tall 58cm frame 120mm stem 40cm bars 175mm cranks and 785mm saddle height. Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

stickystuff

by stickystuff

do you think a 56 could work? obviously gonna need to stack the HT. Currently ride on 55-56 frames.
How does the bike feel. tight and small or a little big?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Most playful bike I own. Size up.

Using Tapatalk

jorryt

by jorryt

Funny, you are the same height as me and run the same set up as I would (maybe I would put a negative stem on it).

Now I can see how the bike looks if I would purchase one.

Lovely bike!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5S) Plus met Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

-6° with no spacers was low enough for me lol #hubbard

Using Tapatalk

lights10

by lights10

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:26 pm

When I saw the red hook frame on the Specialized website I wasn't too keen on it. But after seeing your build, I must say it is a damn good looking bike. Btw I really like your bike rack, did you make it?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

lights10 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 pm
Btw I really like your bike rack, did you make it?
Second this, I like the sliding hooks, no need to drill new holes every time bike width changes. What rack is that?

lights10

by lights10

Klaster1 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Second this, I like the sliding hooks, no need to drill new holes every time bike width changes. What rack is that?
I figured out how he made this. He used a wall storage track (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gladiator-4 ... /204280493) and then bought hooks (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gladiator-V ... /204284982) that you can slide along the track to hang everything on. It's pretty ingenious and looks like you could build it for well under $50.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Sorry for the late reply, haven’t checked weight weenies in a while. Yes the wall rack is the gladiator branded set up with the additional add on bike hooks. It works really well for my set up, however if you are limited on space it does make the bikes stick out pretty far from the wall. The ability to slide the hooks around to make space for a new bike is really conveniant. I’ve had 8 bikes on the 2 four foot sections and have not had any issues with the weight. Another thing to add is if you are hanging up a bike with a wheel deeper than 50mm it may not fit within the hook. 50mm is the deepest wheel I was able to fit with inflated tires

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com