Velocite filament wound rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

....it may be better to place a direct order with Taiwan then as in Belgium we have an additional issue with sea shipping delays.

gravity

by gravity

Sorry I'm a little confused. Are you not the owner of Venn? First you didn't know whats coming in the container, and second you're asking to order direct from Taiwan which sound like you're not a part of the company?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vmajor

by vmajor

Sorry about the confusion ...regarding "not knowing" what is in container it means that there is a packing list but there are also warranty obligations that we need to meet so figuring out the available stock took a bit more work. Reconciling warranties and our own development needs (it never stops) with what is arriving is not that simple.

Second, I have two companies, Velocite Tech. Co Ltd in Taiwan and Velocite BVBA in Belgium. Venn is a registered trademark of Velocite Tech.
We import rims and wheels from Velocite Tech. in Taiwan, in bulk. They are shipped to Belgium in a container. Sea shipping takes time - approximately 55 days. Thus ordering from Belgium is fine if we have it in stock or if there is no rush. If we do not have it in stock it may be faster to order directly from Velocite Tech. in Taiwan and pay for air shipping.

Let me know if that explains it.

V.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

vmajor wrote:....it may be better to place a direct order with Taiwan then as in Belgium we have an additional issue with sea shipping delays.

Who do I get in touch with to place a Taiwan direct order? Just use the contact form at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

vmajor

by vmajor

Contact form is the best. That way several people see it and does not get overlooked.

gravity

by gravity

vmajor wrote:Sorry about the confusion ...regarding "not knowing" what is in container it means that there is a packing list but there are also warranty obligations that we need to meet so figuring out the available stock took a bit more work. Reconciling warranties and our own development needs (it never stops) with what is arriving is not that simple.

Second, I have two companies, Velocite Tech. Co Ltd in Taiwan and Velocite BVBA in Belgium. Venn is a registered trademark of Velocite Tech.
We import rims and wheels from Velocite Tech. in Taiwan, in bulk. They are shipped to Belgium in a container. Sea shipping takes time - approximately 55 days. Thus ordering from Belgium is fine if we have it in stock or if there is no rush. If we do not have it in stock it may be faster to order directly from Velocite Tech. in Taiwan and pay for air shipping.

Let me know if that explains it.

V.

The ordering from Taiwan for air shipping explains it all. Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Victor,

Looking into it, I could order either CTL or FW version of the 507 rim. As a rider whose only interested in feel and performance, why would I pick the filament wound version over the continuous tangent layup? The latter is claimed to be 15g lighter, but the former might be more comfortable due to its reduced radial stiffness? Whats your take?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

vmajor

by vmajor

Good question.... due to the deep profile the 507 rim may not behave that differently whether it is filament wound or CTL. Having said that I fully expect that all filament wound rims would behave slightly different to the hand made ones simply due to a vastly different layup. As you said radial stiffness of the filament wound 507 would be lower than for the CTL, but whether that translates into real world performance difference I am not sure yet. We have insufficient data.

With the 35mm rims it took several months of use with our pro continental team to start getting some numbers and reliable information showing that the filament wound rims have true performance benefits versus hand made rims.

vmajor

by vmajor

Just a quick update as promised, the Venn Rev 507 wheels are now available from Belgium: http://shop.venn-cycling.com/index.php/ ... 507-model/

V.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Well it took me a full month but at last I've got around to finalizing an order with Taiwan for two Rev 35 TCD rims. Looking forward to seeing these in person and building up a nice pair of wheels!

vmajor

by vmajor

Another quick update. The Venn online shop is now open to customers in the Netherlands as well. Prior to yesterday the link below was redirecting visitors to our OEM website:

Venn Cycling

V.

romalor

by romalor

Hello Victor

Any progress on making the 507 VEN disc rims with a weight of 440 gr ?
Keep up the good work !

vmajor

by vmajor

Thanks!

No, not yet. The new factory is now up and running so hopefully we will find the time soon to push forward with the r&d initiatives that go beyond stabilizing the manufacturing process.

V.

nismosr

by nismosr

No tubular yet ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

vmajor

by vmajor

Hi :) 507 no, but we do have the Venn Rev 35 TUC.

V.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com