2017 Trek Madone 9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I don't think Trek every made a 9mm clamp for the Madone 9 - I think they only made the standard clamp and the 10mm. That being said, my 9mm clamp worked fine on the bike. There wasn't an issue with it slipping, or anything. I'll PM you so we can talk in more detail on this.

MXGimp

by MXGimp

FIJIGabe wrote:I don't think Trek every made a 9mm clamp for the Madone 9 - I think they only made the standard clamp and the 10mm. That being said, my 9mm clamp worked fine on the bike. There wasn't an issue with it slipping, or anything. I'll PM you so we can talk in more detail on this.

I sent you an email regarding this as well as I'd love to use a 7x9 saddle on my Madone 9.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Darceking

by Darceking

spdntrxi wrote:
coloclimber wrote:Nice work for a 60cm!
I dont trust those xxx cages though.

The legit cages are good.. the knock offs can be looser by a good margin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 6 china cages in total and had them for a while now and none of them are loose and fit a Camelback perfect.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

The insulated bottles I was referring to were the ones by Polar. My Camelbak bottles hold in the XXX cages with no problems.

jeffy

by jeffy

Darceking wrote:
I have 6 china cages in total and had them for a while now and none of them are loose and fit a Camelback perfect.

the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?

golfsierra

by golfsierra

jeffy wrote:the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?

In my experience they work well enough

Darceking

by Darceking

jeffy wrote:
Darceking wrote:

the knockoff RXXXL work fine with Camelback?

Yes, never had a problem at all. I only use Camelback,

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

If you go for a Power saddle they've already taken most of the front off. :wink:

Though seriously I really like mine, but saddle is a bit of a personal choice. I also had good experiences with the Bontrager Serano.

da123

by da123

FIJIGabe wrote:My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.

Selle San Marco Aspide carbon fx or Superleggera in the wide version. 7x10 rails and I can confirm it works fine with the standard Trek oversize 'ears'. 105g for the superleggera, 121g for the fx (narrow, assume wide version slightly heavier). Most comfy saddle I've owned.

Lovely looking build btw. Mine is also stealthy black.

MadoneU5.jpg

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

da123 wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:My saddle broke this morning. The front end just popped while riding. Gonna have to get a new saddle. Any recommendations? Looking for carbon rail (7x10, preferably), 100kg weight limit, and around 140mm wide.

Selle San Marco Aspide carbon fx or Superleggera in the wide version. 7x10 rails and I can confirm it works fine with the standard Trek oversize 'ears'. 105g for the superleggera, 121g for the fx (narrow, assume wide version slightly heavier). Most comfy saddle I've owned.

Lovely looking build btw. Mine is also stealthy black.

MadoneU5.jpg

Gorgeous bike. I went with the "Poor Man's Vapor Coat", black on black. I was in a hurry to get a saddle, so I bought a Fizik Antares R3. I'll try it out for a couple of weeks until I hear back from Trek on the saddle. I might just apply it to credit and get something else.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Just wanted to post an update on the bike. The bike is sitting around 7.6kg with the Antares R3 saddle. I'm still seriously considering going with Dura Ace 9000 Di2, but it will have to wait until next year.

ImageIMG_7145 by Gabriel Couriel
ImageIMG_7146 by Gabriel Couriel

53x12

by 53x12

FIJIGabe wrote:Just wanted to post an update on the bike. The bike is sitting around 7.6kg with the Antares R3 saddle. I'm still seriously considering going with Dura Ace 9000 Di2, but it will have to wait until next year.

You won't regret going Di2. If you go through a place like Merlin Cycles, you can get the 9070 shifters + FD + RD + battery + cables for around $1200. Depending how good of condition your DuraAce set is, you should be able to recoup some of the cost by selling your shifters + FD + RD. Or just move them over to another bike.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Ideally, the mechanical 9000 will go back on my Madone 5, which I'm building up as a backup/travel/climbing bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NICKWANG

by NICKWANG

FIJIGabe wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:11 pm
I don't think Trek every made a 9mm clamp for the Madone 9 - I think they only made the standard clamp and the 10mm. That being said, my 9mm clamp worked fine on the bike. There wasn't an issue with it slipping, or anything. I'll PM you so we can talk in more detail on this.
I sent you an e-mail regarding the 7X9 saddle rails on Madon9 as well, please take a view.