Custom made TT-bar 680 gram

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Tillquist
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

My winter project is finish :D

...a lightweight Time Trail bar.

Is't tog me over 75 hours to make this Time Trail bar..
Attachments
ww-005.JPG
ww-004.JPG
Detaliel
ww-003.JPG
The bar
ww-002.JPG
Break levels
ww-001.JPG
680 gram
Last edited by Tillquist on Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
See all my bike h e r e

User avatar
JIGGY BOY
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:46 pm

by JIGGY BOY

3 words : W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) neat stem!
so far...king fast
A new forum-Cycling with Power...also a Junior Training section...come check it out!

www.cyclingpower.jconserv.net

User avatar
Frasertri
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

by Frasertri

Sweeeeet! That would take a pound or more off my TT bike, with a Vision Tri Max bar....

Will you be making these to order Tillquist? Nice work!! :thumbup:

User avatar
Rasmus
Administrator
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Cary, NC

by Rasmus

I was really looking forward to seeing it with the black anodization. It definitely looks better in black! I'd replace the Oval logos on the extensions with something personal though. People might think it was an Oval bar :wink:

An amazing piece of work :thumbup:
- Papa R. Fresh

User avatar
Mads Kock
Posts: 2767
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Contact:

by Mads Kock

Morten, that is truely fantastic work - is it for your mtb? 8)

oclv150
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: Israel

by oclv150

WOW!!! :shock: amazing!! The most beautiful tt bar i have ever seen! You may share with as the stepes for making such a bar?[/b]

User avatar
Knut
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

by Knut

Rasmus wrote:I'd replace the Oval logos on the extensions with something personal though.



Agree with Rasmus, you definately need your own logo on those bars. :thumbup:

Image

Amazing piece of work Morten!

Tillquist
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Frasertri wrote:Sweeeeet! That would take a pound or more off my TT bike, with a Vision Tri Max bar....

Will you be making these to order Tillquist? Nice work!! :thumbup:


No, i don't take order......

I only have one problem whith the TT bar, i don't no have stiff it is.. but i find out then it's come on the road.
See all my bike h e r e

User avatar
Skyleth
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Boston, MA, USA

by Skyleth

Awesome bars! Is that the electronic brake system I commented on a few weeks ago? Is that an off the shelf system or did you make that too?
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

Tillquist
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Rasmus wrote:I was really looking forward to seeing it with the black anodization. It definitely looks better in black! I'd replace the Oval logos on the extensions with something personal though. People might think it was an Oval bar :wink:

An amazing piece of work :thumbup:


Yes maybe. But it is Oval product i have use, with my own design of the alloy parts.
See all my bike h e r e

Tillquist
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

Skyleth wrote:Awesome bars! Is that the electronic brake system I commented on a few weeks ago? Is that an off the shelf system or did you make that too?


All the carbon part a from Oval and the rest is my own idea
See all my bike h e r e

User avatar
whooztheman
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: on the move

by whooztheman

Geee.... this is AWESOME.
I want one!
Pls mate, take a paper and start taking orders.
Mine is 44 c-c and the stem is 10cm.
You can be rich with these... Just take your bike with these on and walk it on a TT race (around the area... you know the thing..) then you will understand what the board is talking about.

can you give us more info?
"It may be near when it seems so far"

Tillquist
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Contact:

by Tillquist

whooztheman wrote:Geee.... this is AWESOME.
I want one!
Pls mate, take a paper and start taking orders.
Mine is 44 c-c and the stem is 10cm.
You can be rich with these... Just take your bike with these on and walk it on a TT race (around the area... you know the thing..) then you will understand what the board is talking about.

can you give us more info?


You can get all the info, just ask me :wink:
See all my bike h e r e

mises
Posts: 1769
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:28 pm
Location: Unknown parameter

by mises

75 hours at 50 Euro per hour - that's a 3750 euro handlebar! But it looks the part.

brianwchan
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:12 am

by brianwchan

coolest bars ever!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post