Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 7926
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm
- Posts: 400
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:09 am
Amusingly enough Steve had a very legit Paris Roubaix list at Motorola:
Of course the year of this monstrosity was 1993, which is also Steve's worst P-R year
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:19 pm
- Location: Denmark
I think bike fitters would be disgusted by that ride position, the toes are so dangerously close to the front wheel and I can't even imagine how awkward a sprint would feel like on that bike
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am
How is that any different from a small sized frame which pretty much all have a degree of toe overlap?
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar
Mapei down under
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:16 am
- Location: Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Honestly? I don't think that they have any room for much else on there!
"I love a sunburnt country, its sweeping hills and plains. Where the red earth meets the blue sky and it never bloody rains".
Doc Neeson - The Angels (Skin and Bone).
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:53 am
I think Bauer and Eddy were testing and possibly trying to set a speed record on a down hill section. There were some articles about it when he rode that bike. From what I can remember I think he only rode the bike a few races, but that is just a guess..
- Posts: 361
- Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:31 pm
Am I the only one who gets ideas on things to do on my own bikes from this thread?
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:45 am
- Location: Bristol, UK
- Posts: 662
- Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:19 pm
I'm so happy the UCI killed designs like this one...
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- Posts: 2643
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 pm
That doesn't meet the definition of a bicycle anyway... maybe a pentcycle?
- Posts: 5072
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:35 am
- Location: New York
No seat bike
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree
- Posts: 6786
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 am
- Location: UK
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 pm
That is tony martin's off-season bike, when his plums are healing up from the griptape on the seat.