2014 Campagnolo groups?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TimW

by TimW

HammerTime2 wrote:
TimW wrote:I have officially given up on Campagnolo cranksets. Integrated spider means no crank based Power Meter anyway.
What do you call this?

At least try to be factually correct in your rants.

Unaffordable
Last edited by TimW on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimW

by TimW

TwiggyTN wrote:Bro, Campagnolo ARE tools. It's a large part of their heritage as a company. You should probably just stick to SRAM....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Never have and never will run SRAM.

You are all getting upset over the fact that I am criticizing Campagnolo for over complicated and in the case of Power Torque, a plain nasty design. Heaven forbid.

There is no need for cranks to be this complicated.

My point is that I love Campagnolo stuff. The shifters and wheels in particular.

I do have a number of their tools where it makes sense but won't be investing in this stuff. It's not my loss.

TimW

by TimW

Causidicus wrote:
TimW wrote:...why can't they make a decent simple to fit and maintain modern crankset?

They do. Ultra-Torque. It is arguably the most elegantly simple crank design yet seen and fits any shell.

Yeah, the one they are replacing with Over-Torque and the same good design they dropped from the lower range in favour of Power Torque (e.g. Athena)

corky

by corky

TimW wrote:
Causidicus wrote:
TimW wrote:...why can't they make a decent simple to fit and maintain modern crankset?

They do. Ultra-Torque. It is arguably the most elegantly simple crank design yet seen and fits any shell.

Yeah, the one they are replacing with Over-Torque and the same good design they dropped from the lower range in favour of Power Torque (e.g. Athena)

wrong..... the Over-Torque is for BB30 only and the Ultra torque is not going away.

TimW

by TimW

I stand corrected.

quinner

by quinner

I'd like to see Boras with better brake surface, and wider rims, and cheaper.

s4life

by s4life

I would like to see an alloy chorus 11 speed group set. That would have been my choice to dress up my Colnago master '10, instead I had to compromise functionality for looks :(

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

For the record, I sent Campagnolo an e-mail, asking if they were planning on changing the rim-tolerance for the Neutrons. They're so difficult with most tires. But unfortunately (for me) they have no such plans.

ichobi

by ichobi

Cheaper Bora? Dream on!
Though i would appreciate new rim design to compliment the already stellar hub.

uraqt

by uraqt

Right TimW, what is the point of having three different crank/axels/bb set ups. crazy :)

and I am a campy guy WTF : )

My bad experience with campy cups in a carbon frame has pushed me away from even trying Over-Torque, well that and the 100 steps and tools need to install it. : )

C

Timujin

by Timujin

TimW wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:
TimW wrote:I have officially given up on Campagnolo cranksets. Integrated spider means no crank based Power Meter anyway.
What do you call this?

At least try to be factually correct in your rants.

Unaffordable

Ha Ha if a word encapsulated everything about SRM/Campag it would be that!!!
Last edited by Timujin on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I read somewhere yesterday that the new slim EPS power unit will not work with the current interface module. I'm sharing partly as a heads-up and partly in the hope that someone will / can do some real world testing when the new power unit becomes available (which, I know, is still a little way off yet).

Timujin

by Timujin

always had campy but will remove my SR crank when I get the Rotor Power, my closest service centre for campy is 1000km away!!! needed a power meter to elegantly sit with my groupset, SRM out of budget completely, Vector, well with ROTOR i take it to my LBS who are official seller and any problems are sorted...

Wonder if campy will get Hydraulic brakes anytime soon....

TimW

by TimW

Yep I'm the same. Got rid of SR cranks and went to Rotor 3D+ but with Power2Max. My other bike is about to have the same, or maybe FSA.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

BikeTart wrote:I read somewhere yesterday that the new slim EPS power unit will not work with the current interface module. I'm sharing partly as a heads-up and partly in the hope that someone will / can do some real world testing when the new power unit becomes available (which, I know, is still a little way off yet).

The rumor I heard was that with the new slim battery, you would loose the diagnostic function without the new interface. That is something I would be OK with. Of course, I have no experience/proof of that.