Will Lightweight Generation 3 wheels with a Shimano compatible DT Swiss freehub accept Dura Ace 11 sp cassettes?
Many threads on this, please search
Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 5433
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
- Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
In Lightweight Standard Gen 1 - convert to Shim 11sp, HammerTime2 wrote:In Lightweight Mellenstein, Andreas Schiwy, a.k.a. CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:All Lightweight rear wheels will be compatible to Shimano 11s. The new production has modified hubs, and there will be new DT freehub bodies (marked as 11s). Four different combinatins wiil be possible:
- 10s wheel + 10s freehub body => 130mm wide, the well known setting up to now
- 10s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the left, when using 21t or 23t cassettes derailler may contact spokes (only with sprint rear wheel)
- 11s wheel + 10s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the right
- 11s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm (spacer needed to use 10s cassettes here, spacer is part of purchased parts package)In Lightweight Mellenstein, Andreas Schiwy, a.k.a. CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:HammerTime2 wrote:So is there no spoke contact problem for all 10 speed Lightweight wheels other than sprint? What about Ventoux Gen. II or Gen. III with DT 240 or DT 190 plus new (11s) freehub? What are the consequences of being 0,5 mm off center?
- Ventoux could be critical as well, as they are 24spoked. The "contact area" are the knots where the spokes are bended together...
- 0,5mm off center does not really matter... many wheels come off center and you would never realise during riding. Lots of frames might be off center as well..
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 18 Replies
- 2932 Views
Last post by L3X
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm
- 0 Replies
- 200 Views
Last post by emorydptt
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:41 pm
- 6 Replies
- 883 Views
Last post by Marin
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm
- 0 Replies
- 238 Views
Last post by octave
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:18 pm
- 14 Replies
- 1571 Views
Last post by mike
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:04 pm