Sub 6.3kg CAAD10 Build - Final Weight & Photos pg 9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

drainyoo

by drainyoo

My previous scale was not accurate, so I weighed the parts again on my new scale and adjusted the weights. I also weighed the Cannondale seatpost clamp (15g), the headset that came with the frame (59g), and a 8mm carbon spacer/bearing cap (6g) that I found on eBay. This will replace the conical spacer that came with the frameset.

Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I installed the headset and fork the other day and mounted the cockpit to see how it all looks. Slowly getting there.

Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moshinho

by moshinho

Nice :)
Waiting...

ultyguy

by ultyguy

On the Ritchey bars, are they evocurve? what's the c-c at the ends? At the hoods? Thanks!

drainyoo

by drainyoo

These are just the Curve model. The width is 40cm.

moshinho

by moshinho

Any news about it?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Still getting parts together. Waiting for some items to come in stock. Will post an update soon.

53x12

by 53x12

You have big cojones to clamp the top tube like that on the bike stand. Look forward to seeing the build. Team is one of my favorite painted color schemes.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

drainyoo

by drainyoo

What's the problem with clamping the top tube? Crushing it? I don't tighten it much, just enough to keep it still.

53x12

by 53x12

Yeah I would personally be concerned of leaving a tent in the top tube. Just because with the hydro formed aluminum it is very thin walled. Just me personally. I have always been taught to clamp and hold by seat post.

Anyways, really looking forward to your build.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

+1 clamping the top tube of a CAAD is ballsy.....very thin in that area specifically.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I've always done this with all of my aluminum frames, never dented and bent anything. I balance the frame on the clamp, then tighten it just enough to hold it still. The pressure on it is minimal. I think it's pretty ridiculous to think that the top tube can't handle that.

53x12

by 53x12

It is just that Cannindale didn't design the top tube to take those kind of clamping forces on that tube. I wouldn't risk it when you could clamp it at seat post just as easily.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I hear ya. I'll probably get a cheap seatpost and do it that way. But honestly, the pressure applied by the clamp is probably as much as I can apply with my hand. If it damages it, then I's probably be concerned with the overall build of the frame. I've never seen a frame damaged this way, you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Yes.

http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/16662/repairing-a-crimped-titanium-frame

Especially if kids or wife comes in and accidentally hit the frame while in the stand or if you accidentally lost your balance and grab for frame to hold yourself up in work area. It doesn't take much, even if it isn't clamped very tight. Just passing a long my two cents.