Ritchey Flexlogic seatpost torque??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Biff

by Biff

Hi

I´m about to install a Ritchey carbon Flexlogic seatpost but there is´nt a max torque indicated anywhere??...Other Ritchey carbon posts i´ve used had a 12 NM indicated on the clamp.Nothing on this one :?: .Ritchey website has the usual standard manual that also came with the post but no specific torque for the Flexlogic.I´m assuming it is 12 NM but not sure as i don´t wan´t to wreck it..
Anyone knows??

Thx

tinozee

by tinozee

I would say call Ritchey just in case. I have dealt with them a few times, very nice and easy phone support.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Biff

by Biff

i´m in Europe..
Maybe i should try the local distributor?

Biff

by Biff

Have´nt heard back from anyone yet :-(

Please is there someone here who has this seatpost and how much torque did you use on the clamps??

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

The Ritchey single bolt side clamps are rated at 12Nm. I'd be very surprised if a twin bolt post was also 12Nm.
BTW what size bolts are they? M5? Side clamps are M6.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

5 8 5 wrote:BTW what size bolts are they? M5? Side clamps are M6.

Biff?

BTW saddle rails can have max torque ratings, carbon railed especially, so that has to be taken into account as well.

Biff

by Biff

Hi 585 :-)

Sorry about my late answer.

Bolts are M6.Seatpost is this "Link"-Construction...I will use the standard clamps on it though.Saddle is an SLR with carbon rails.
I did find guidelines for the Monolink adapter but nothing on the standard clamp...Weird

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Surprised it's 2x M6! If you don't get official confirmation try 5-8 Nm and see how that holds.
Try forcibly moving the saddle by hand. Ideally also try it on a turbo first.

You could also put some carbon paste between the post and the clamp

Biff

by Biff

I´ll try that.Thanks

I have mailed the distributor,Ritchey and the shop i bought it from but have´nt got any replies.... :(

Biff

by Biff

I got a response from Ritchey International so i thought i would post their response in case it could be useful info:

"Dear Mr. Larsen,

the max torque allowed is 15Nm.
Please, also check with the saddles producer if the saddle rails can accept this torque.

We strongly suggest to use Ritchey Liquid Torque (or similar products) in order to increase the friction between parts even with a lower torque."

..So 15 Nm is quite a lot!.I used around 7-8 Nm which have been adequate so far.This is for the "Standard" rail clamp and not the adapter for Monolink saddles.

AJS914

by AJS914

I installed a Ritchey Flexlogic seatpost today. I give it a thumbs up.

I wasn't particularly looking for a comfort seatpost but the Reynolds Ouzo Pro on my Parlee was driving me crazy. It always has made clunking noises. On the Reynolds it's hard to get both bolts evenly tight without affecting the tilt of the saddle. I stumbled across the Flexlogic and decided to try it.

The clamping mechanism is great. It's super easy to tighten and get the saddle correct without any slippage.

As far as comfort goes, I wouldn't buy this seatpost for that reason unless you have a lot of post showing. I can feel a tiny improvement in comfort but it's less than the difference between 23mm and 25mm tires. Maybe it would be more noticeable on a mountain bike or a bike showing lots of post.

This someone else's photo but the post and clamp look like this:

This is how much post I have showing on my Parlee Z4. The most of all my bikes but it seems like this post would shine on a mountain bike.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Necro bump.... any long term reviews of these seatposts? I'm sizing one up and I'm not sure why you'd go an SL over an FL, the only real difference I can see is in the setback (FL = 15mm, SL = 25mm). On the FL, flex seems to be neglible (good for me) and you don't have to buy the alternative clamp for carbon railed saddles.

What am I missing? Is there any reason to go for a Superlogic over a Flexlogic?

Kurt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com