the pros on Lightweight list

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: around Paris

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Another pro: Niki Aebersold, now in Phonak team

Here in 2001




Image

User avatar
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: around Paris

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Just find a new pro on the list, Kim Kirchen... It looks like he has stolen LJ's Dogma 8)


Image

by Weenie


520 Dan
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:15 am
Location: tucson
Contact:

by 520 Dan

Image

bergit hollmann

User avatar
Boonen
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:33 am
Location: Europe

by Boonen

How about Zakeen and Simon from our forum, or do they qualify as top amateurs in stead of pro's?

520 Dan
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:15 am
Location: tucson
Contact:

by 520 Dan

Simon finished in the top 30 at a race won by Nijs. He was 3 places ahead of the top American. I'd say thats pro.

Ridley
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 pm
Location: Leuven, Belgium

by Ridley

He was mentioned by Michel Wuyts (belgian commentator), he's definately pro :wink:

User avatar
C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Contact:

by C a s r a n

Boonen wrote:How about Zakeen and Simon from our forum, or do they qualify as top amateurs in stead of pro's?



Off course these top riders and weight weenie members are able to join the list!! It would be great to have pictures of both Zakeen and Simon in action on their Lightweights. :D
Image

520 Dan
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:15 am
Location: tucson
Contact:

by 520 Dan

didn't zakeen get rid of his LWs?

zakeen
Resident Pro
Posts: 1919
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Australia/Czech-Rep.
Contact:

by zakeen

520 Dan wrote:didn't zakeen get rid of his LWs?


No, Ive got two front wheels and 1 rear. plus I have the ventoux on order :wink:

But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

Next year I can ride them as I wish, so I will have standard LWs for every little race and for the bigger races I will use the new LWV. :)

User avatar
C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Contact:

by C a s r a n

How could I forget... Franz Stocher:

Image
Image

User avatar
Roel W
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Belgium

by Roel W

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.
I think I found someone who is not on the list: Romans Vainsteins.
I took these pictures on a sunday morning in 2004 at the start place of the Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. He was checking the list with the hills of the race so his face is not so recognizable.
On the original picture, you can clearly see that he overpainted the Lightweight decals.

Image

Image

User avatar
C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Contact:

by C a s r a n

Roel W wrote:Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.
I think I found someone who is not on the list: Romans Vainsteins.
I took these pictures on a sunday morning in 2004 at the start place of the Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. He was checking the list with the hills of the race so his face is not so recognizable.
On the original picture, you can clearly see that he overpainted the Lightweight decals.



Thx Roel W, very nice pictures. Indeed, they actually overpainted the LW logo (can see it on the front wheel of the second picture)! :shock:

Funny old fashioned pedals he has there, and nice DeFeet socks. :lol:
Image

big fellow
Posts: 1288
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:05 pm

by big fellow

zakeen wrote:But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

Next year I can ride them as I wish, so I will have standard LWs for every little race and for the bigger races I will use the new LWV. :)


out of interest, how did you crack the wheel?

zakeen
Resident Pro
Posts: 1919
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Australia/Czech-Rep.
Contact:

by zakeen

big fellow wrote:
zakeen wrote:But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

Next year I can ride them as I wish, so I will have standard LWs for every little race and for the bigger races I will use the new LWV. :)


out of interest, how did you crack the wheel?


No idea, just noticed it between two stages. It looked like that I hit something hard(which I didnt!) and the tire pushed the bed of carbon(that the tire sits on) into the rim. Thats the only way I could see it happen. But I was 1000% sure I didnt hit anything.

Trek OCLV
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:56 pm

by Trek OCLV

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Just find a new pro on the list, Kim Kirchen... It looks like he has stolen LJ's Dogma 8)


Image


that aint a dogma Samuel. thats a prince :wink:
Trek OCLV

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post