Cant seem to eat enough!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobalou

by bobalou

Maybe change the topic to "Can't seem to fart enough". lol

I find the more I ride the less hungry I am. I force myself to eat during and after a ride to avoid the bonk and to aid the recovery. I think the recovery eating is more of a challenge for me because I tend to get an acidic stomach. And I'd rather just rest then eat.. but eating is very important in recovery so I do it even if I'm not hungry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

curlymcbird

by curlymcbird

Yeh, my farts really stink 2, one thing to fix it is to make sure (if youre going to eat any fruit) eat it b4 ure main meal or watever, dont eat it afterwards. then it will digest quicker and mix with your other food less or wateeva :D i know it works for me!
i dont need some witty signature

Azonic

by Azonic

I now officially know too much

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

:shock: :D :shock: :wink:
:oops: :oops: This is hilarious about the farting - you farters should all check out whether you are lactose intolerant - particularely if you get a sulpher/rotten egg thing goin'. Its tough to track because the production of Lactase enzyme in the pancreas is variable so sometimes when you have dairy (or anything containing lactose) you have no reaction. Other times you could light up the city of New York with the methane you produce. Some of the energy bars contain skim milk powder so watch out. All of this is execerbated by intense prolonged exercise.

As for the eating dude, how old, how tall and how heavy? Sounds just like me when I was a teen and racing. Even with my training now I am always in the mood for food.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I have been more careful about the amount that I eat, and have tried to cut back on meal sizes. I think that I was over eating, and this was causing the farts. Basically, I wouldn't leave myself any time for the food to go down. I would eat a plate full, still feel hungry, then eat another plate full. If I pause in between, I don't eat as much.

I still stink though when I do fart. :oops:

curlymcbird

by curlymcbird

lol, yeh its prollly just a teen eat alot thing, yeh im 16 and 6ft. always in the mood to eat. lol
i dont need some witty signature

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

curlymcbird wrote:lol, yeh its prollly just a teen eat alot thing, yeh im 16 and 6ft. always in the mood to eat. lol

:? I'm 25!

Skyleth

by Skyleth

make sure you're eating high fiber foods in the morning or other times (you'll stay full longer)... but never within 3hrs before a hard workout... then you want some high carb low fiber foods (like... Fig Newtons, Clif Bars, and Power Bars)... I ate a huge bowl of Kashi Autumn Harvest (essentially Organic Mini Wheats) w/ Soy Milk before a 72mile race, and I was burping up breakfast by the finish... heh oops.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I think breakfasts are something individuals need to look at on their own, but I agree that it's important to start with a good breakfast.

I stomach 12 wheet biscuits every morning of the year and I'll eat another 12 after I get home after morning training, but I find a large breakfast is important in my eating habits.

Others who have trouble with breakfast may eat fruit instead; which is much easier to digest, but experiment with what you can stomach and how you can best fuel your body.