Pain in the scapula(s) region: Due to what?....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

Hi again,
I've finally came to build my first decent bike.
I've been adjusting it and finding a good position since (approx. 300 km).
I'm starting to feel comfortable and now have a smooth and easy pedal stroke. But I've started to have those pains at the scapulas region (like if it's under the bones). I am thinking maybe it's from the 5 layers of garment I put on that makes me look like the Michelin Bib !(it's like 1 to 5 degrees Celcius in the morning here for the last month or so, really not like in europe these days!)
Or does it have something to do with new position (before that, this last month I did 1100 km on a too small hibrid bike).
If you had these problems, what did you do to solve?
Thanks for insights,
Louisn

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

I just remembered I crashed (front tire slipped on dirt) on april 30th. Maybe it's from that spill and I am noticing it now...

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

If you landed on either an outstretched arm or your shoulder you could have easily separated your shoulder (AC separation). I had a 1st degree separation a few years ago and with a little time in a sling and trying to be careful, it resolved on its own in about three weeks. I didn't even notice it for the first couple days, then it became worse as I used it more before going to the docs and getting it in a sling for a week or two.
2001 Bianchi SL-2 Reparto Corse
2006 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD
2007 Rocky Mountain Element 70