off season riding speed...

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

brian

by brian

peterpen wrote:
mzagorski wrote:This is show and tell LOL... so here's a snapshot of mine.

Did you just start using WKO at the beginning of the month or did your CTL really go from 50tss/d to 120? That seems like a very steep ramp rate. My current CTL is around 120, but I'm creeping up at about 10 tss/d per month.

(OT, total newbie question but how are you posting those screen shots?)

I can help you with that:
Screenshot

mzagorski

by mzagorski

Did you just start using WKO at the beginning of the month or did your CTL really go from 50tss/d to 120? That seems like a very steep ramp rate. My current CTL is around 120, but I'm creeping up at about 10 tss/d per month.

I've been using WKO+ for months. My CTL dropped to 50 after a long off-season. I had it up to 140+ last year. When training gets intense and hours are long it's not that hard to up CTL by 10pts/week... Steep ramp rate and not suitable for everyone! Some people are with with 5pts/week. 120 just now is good though (also dependent on fairly frequent threshold testing and accurate TSS numbers!)... sounds like you've had a steady build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Oege Hiddema

by Oege Hiddema

In december/january my average speed on low intensity rides of 2-4 hours is about 30-32 km/h solo, depending on how much wind there is. This is on absolutely flat terrain in the Netherlands.

AED

by AED

Oege Hiddema wrote:In december/january my average speed on low intensity rides of 2-4 hours is about 30-32 km/h solo, depending on how much wind there is. This is on absolutely flat terrain in the Netherlands.

What is your age? And what is average pulse on these rides?

Oege Hiddema

by Oege Hiddema

AED wrote:
Oege Hiddema wrote:In december/january my average speed on low intensity rides of 2-4 hours is about 30-32 km/h solo, depending on how much wind there is. This is on absolutely flat terrain in the Netherlands.

What is your age? And what is average pulse on these rides?

Age 37, average pulse 125-130 bpm.

Kraaf

by Kraaf

Sorry that I cant easily produce 1500watts.

Yeah, about time you apologized for your cycling abilities :wink:

I can hold 400+ watts for more then an hour no problem when Im fit.
:faint: :unbelievable:
I love you guys. Seriously.

pinkpanther

by pinkpanther

Oege Hiddema
Age 37, average pulse 125-130 bpm.

That's a very low heart avg. Good for you
motivation can't take you very far if you don't have the legs

Oege Hiddema

by Oege Hiddema

No, that's simply the heartrate that matches a low intensity ride :idea:

OJ

by OJ

30-32km/h low intensity training in the winter is pretty good I think. That was pretty much the speed I did my basic training in jan-feb when I lived in Holland so no wonder I didn't have any cards to play in the final at the races. I found it pretty difficult to maintain high average speeds as there are so many traffic lights etc. that slow you down a lot. I think my fastest rides were 34-35km/h when riding solo.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wogamax

by wogamax

No, that's simply the heartrate that matches a low intensity ride

32kph(20mph), with HR below 130, for any extended period has got to make you Cat 1, 2, Pro, or a reptile :wink: .

CTL / TSS scores are where I am left in the dust with this stuff. I get the meaning of Training Stress relative to 1hr TT pace, but ramp rates? I should probably use it instead of tracking resting HR, which is all I do for workload in the on-season.