off season riding speed...

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

peterpen

by peterpen

Wow, thanks so much for sharing that Zakeen! Truly impressive numbers - all I can say is, you must eat a lot! :lol:

2400w is crazy high for max watts - did you used to ride the track?

Again, thanks for sharing that screen shot - it really is cool to be able to see a breakdown of what a ProTour rider does on a training ride. :thumbup: I (and many others, I'm sure) would be so grateful if you could occasionally share info like that as the season progresses - especially when you start racing. Maybe post it on your website?

okr

by okr

Considdering 187,6 kp/h as max and 190 rpm, I would guess there are some errors in the file??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Skillgannon wrote:Damn Adam, I thought you were fit - 6 hours of sustained 230 Watt's and you managed to get through 9.09km

Tell me about it. The SRM cable I have is broken on the speedo mount. So when it rains water gets inside and this it craps itself. All my other SRM cables are in Europe.
Last edited by zakeen on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

okr wrote:Considdering 187,6 kp/h as max and 190 rpm, I would guess there are some errors in the file??

190 rpm isnt so bad - but from the looks of it the speed sensor was off, but who cares, its still facinating infomartion

Edit: Got beaten to it - can you replace the speed sensor cable without having to move the power sensor?

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

okr wrote:Considdering 187,6 kp/h as max and 190 rpm, I would guess there are some errors in the file??

Arh yeah, this one area I pass makes my SRM go hay wire for a second or two. The Cyclingpeaks software only has Heart rate correction and not Power or Cadence.

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

peterpen wrote:Wow, thanks so much for sharing that Zakeen! Truly impressive numbers - all I can say is, you must eat a lot! :lol:

2400w is crazy high for max watts - did you used to ride the track?

Infact I dont eat much, I dont want to preach this at all, but on this ride was pretty unhealthy. I did the whole ride on 3 little pancakes and 2 600ml of Coke. Of course meal before the ride was pretty big; 130grams of oats, 3 tbls of Honey and two mango's. Still not enough kj's for this ride but Im trying to lose weight!

Regarding the 2400watts, thats the error I was saying before. No way I can sprint that much. I hope(Hope!) to max out at 1500watts in Feb, thats one of my goals.

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Skillgannon wrote:Edit: Got beaten to it - can you replace the speed sensor cable without having to move the power sensor?

Nope as its a 1 piece cable and like what someone said before in this thread, SPEED MEANS NOTHING! So Im not to worried if it never works. Only time I use speed is when someone ask me how far I have ridden, you know, the most comment question for a cyclist.............. :roll:

Oh what I dont like about speed not working is that you must pedal on the down hills and around corners. :twisted:

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Yeah, one more thing, dont read to much into the values of MAX,AVG,MIN. For a little fun compare them to the power/cadence Distribution graphs to see what it reads and what I really did.

AVG Cadence: 97rpm
Distribution says: 107/108
Ok the ride had a huge long hill, notice also the 80(this is the hill)

AVG Power: 227watts
Distribution says: 220/240watts
OK power is perfect in the zones set out from my coach.

I swear I wouldnt ride longer then 1min without looking at my SRM computer!

Koen

by Koen

I truely must get me a srm!
:D
Gewoon bluve goan!

brian

by brian

zakeen wrote:Image

The TSS and IF numbers can`t be right?

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

brian wrote:The TSS and IF numbers can`t be right?

It must be the power and cadence spikes that have increased it alot. Just comparing to my others I have 3 other rides where I went through the same area and have these spikes and they also have such a high TSS IF.

All my other long rides are around 250-306.9TTS(max)

brian

by brian

zakeen wrote:
brian wrote:The TSS and IF numbers can`t be right?

It must be the power and cadence spikes that have increased it alot. Just comparing to my others I have 3 other rides where I went through the same area and have these spikes and they also have such a high TSS IF.

All my other long rides are around 250-306.9TTS(max)

I think your threshold power is set to low.

CyclingPeaks therefore also calculates an intensity factor (IF) for every workout or time range analyzed. IF is simply the ratio of the normalized power as described above to your threshold power (entered under "Athlete Settings" at your "Athlete Home"). For example, if your normalized power for a long training ride done early in the year is 210 W and your threshold power at the time is 280 W, then the IF for that workout would be 0.75.

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Yes Im sure it is set a little low because my last medical test was done in.......Oct I think and my next one is in Jan. Of course there is/"will be" a huge difference because my test in Oct was maybe my worse fitness in the last 4 years of riding and now I think Im at my best(in terms of season build up, Ive never been so well prepared). Its hard to change zone's without really knowing what you are(I dont get tested here in Australia) and its very important not to be over. If I was to change my zone's much higher then what we are guessing it could lead to over training, something I dont want and better be safe then sorry. Having said that my zones have slowly been increased manually.

But comparing this file and a few others with the "interfearance peaks" to other files without them it clear show's that only a few mintues changes the TSS quite a bit.

fatrat

by fatrat

I get these spikes in the data, but it's usually easy enough to remove them - just look at what time the spike occurs, then view the raw data. This lets you edit the values to something more sane. I usually just set the spike to be halfway between the two points on either side instead.

Of course, if you have lots of spikes rather than just one or two, this would be a PITA.

AED

by AED

The only thing I look at in offseason is my heartrate monitor (as I don't have any SRM :( ), I try to keep it around 135bpm and when riding like this, avg speed is sometimes even 26-28km/h (2-3h rides), but I really don't care about it, because it's cold, it's wet, it's offseason bike etc. ;)
In 2oo7 I'm 2nd year in U23 :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com