tendinitis

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobalou

by bobalou

I have my own theories but thought I'd ask - anybody have problems with tendinitis and if so what have you done to help? I don't have much problem until about 20 miles roll around.. then it rears it's ugly head.

I use ibuprofen and some icing .. and taking time off. Any other ideas? Thanks for any help you can offer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Ah, that doesn't sound any good! Keep in mind that Ibuprofen only helps with bone soreness etc. Not with tendinitis. Where do you suffer from it?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

bobalou

by bobalou

Frankie - B wrote:Ah, that doesn't sound any good! Keep in mind that Ibuprofen only helps with bone soreness etc. Not with tendinitis. Where do you suffer from it?

I think it's just temporary. HOPE it's temporary. Near the end of a 300k brevet was getting it in my right knee, just below the kneecap. I've taken a week off and will test it again tonight.

bobalou

by bobalou

Happy to say it was just "overuse tendinitus". No problems tonight after a long training ride. It's just a matter of learning my limits. 300k in one day is about it I think! :shock: Not sure if I'm doing the next in the series which is 400k (27 hr limit). Next long ride I'll just take a few days off after instead of riding.