Elite Drivo thru axle installation

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hannawald

by hannawald

Hi all,

I have Elite Drivo and I wanted to convert it to thru axles. I put QR end caps away and installed thru axle caps - on the left side it goes freely there, just push in, on the cassette side I used 17mm spanner, so far everything clear. Then manual tells me to install the bike using thru axle according to picture 11. On the picture there is 5mm spacer on the thru axle but the the spacer is normally used for 130/135mm width QR conversion...it doesn´t have 12mm inner diameter so you can´t put 12mm axle thru it. Weird.
My questions are...shall I use normal 142x12 thru axle from my bike or do I need to buy this? https://www.elite-it.com/en/products/ho ... le-adapter
And 2nd problem - if I install it using my normal thru axle there is almost no space between cassette and derailleur hanger (less than 0.25mm, hard to say if it is slightly touching or not) There is not such a problem with my bike out of the trainer when I use normal FFWD wheels, I have about 2mm gap between cassette and derailleur hanger. I have checked the 11 speed cassette on my Drivo and definitely no spacer behind it so I don´t know where the problem could be...

I tried to contact Elite but hard to say if and when they reply...thanks all for any help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

Thanks, I have seen that...It explains mostly the end caps conversion, which I think I have right. But that close position of my derailleur hanger to the casette is just weird so I am looking at possible causes...