Campagnolo 12sp on trainer

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I keep active on this site and I have yet to read about this problem that is coming my way.

After ordering my EPS12 groupset 11 months ago, the final few parts will be coming in next week. I do not think I will have a big issue with the build and I actually look forward to it. I believe all my complications on the build have been solved in my head. Well, all but one.

I have a Hammer trainer. Saris does not have any Campagnolo options when it comes to freehubs. My bike already has SR EPS11 and with the Shimano cassette on it now, it works ok. Certainly good enough for what I want. Once I go to 12sp, the options are limited, as in none.

I believe I can change the freehub to the XD/XDR freehub and use a Sram 12sp cassette. I probably can get a Shimano 12 cassette but I would probably be in the back of the line waiting for one. Are there any other options that you could think about? I know Campagnolo would say it does not work, but would it shift as well as the Shimano does with the EPS11?

Not looking to buy a new trainer but another option would be to get off my but and build my winter bike with EPS11 and use that on the trainer, keep the EPS12 for the good days.

Any input would be appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Check out prestacycle and Edco. I'm not positive but they may have a campy 12 for Shimano freehubs. I feel like I've seen that before.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Edco does have a Shimano 11 that has 12 speeds. Thanks! 15% off this month too.
https://edco.bike/products/monoblock-ca ... ano-12-spd

Now I just need to confirm the spacing is close enough. I suspect it is.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Miche also makes a 12s cassette, albeit junior gears but might still be great on a trainer.
I wouldn’t use a sram AXS cassette since they need a proprietary chain