Tacx vs Wahoo indoor trainer

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jasjas wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:17 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:52 am
My KICKRv5 was off by a significant amount before I performed an advanced spindown without a prior warmup.
How? the kickr v5 doesn't allow calibration.....? and as it autocalibrates, even if you could, that calibration would be over written.

The advanced spindown determines the brake strength…it’s like a factory calibration. Every autocalibration performed on the fly is a zero-offset using that baseline value.

Anyway, the feature is hidden. You have to start a workout in the Wahoo mobile app, click on the trainer, click on the wrench button, click on the spindown button, then click on the blank space 5x under the instructions to make the advanced button appear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jasjas

by jasjas

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:00 pm
jasjas wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
My KICKRv5 was off by a significant amount before I performed an advanced spindown without a prior warmup.
How? the kickr v5 doesn't allow calibration.....? and as it autocalibrates, even if you could, that calibration would be over written.

The advanced spindown determines the brake strength…it’s like a factory calibration. Every autocalibration performed on the fly is a zero-offset using that baseline value.

Anyway, the feature is hidden. You have to start a workout in the Wahoo mobile app, click on the trainer, click on the wrench button, click on the spindown button, then click on the blank space 5x under the instructions to make the advanced button appear.
Thats worth knowing :beerchug: Wahoo gave me another trainer because my v5 was way out and they told me there was no means to calibrate via spindown.

MaxPower

by MaxPower

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:00 pm
jasjas wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:

saved for the future - thanks for the info

pmprego

by pmprego

Any reference on how much should the price be for a used neo 2t or kickr v5? Considering buying one but i have no idea what would be a fair value.

ms6073

by ms6073

Keep in mind that both of those trainers might be on sale this weekend online such as Amazon and REI here in the US. Also, DC Rainmaker has a list of other pre-black friday deals as well.

As for used prices, this really depends on the current demand in your area. This time last year, used smart trainers were finding new homes for a premium price since new ones were in such short supply. I find that you can typically gauge prices on the used market by checking Ebay's advanced search to see the what the prices are for used items.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

pmprego

by pmprego

ms6073 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:02 pm
Keep in mind that both of those trainers might be on sale this weekend online such as Amazon and REI here in the US. Also, DC Rainmaker has a list of other pre-black friday deals as well.

As for used prices, this really depends on the current demand in your area. This time last year, used smart trainers were finding new homes for a premium price since new ones were in such short supply. I find that you can typically gauge prices on the used market by checking Ebay's advanced search to see the what the prices are for used items.

Thanks for the tips!