Wahoo, Quarq, Tacx and erg mode frustration

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cheapvega

by cheapvega

Despite weather breaking I'm still needing to build base and ride on the trainer (maybe I will bring the trainer and fans outside...............)

Anyway I have a Wahoo Bolt head unit controlling a Tacx Vortex trainer with a Quarq PM *supposedly* sending power data. Only problem is the power data I'm getting is clearly the command signal sent by the trainer, which for whatever reason is being read by the Bolt as coming from the Quarq

(yep, I'm slow)

I've even pulled other rides into DCRainmaker's app to see if I could break out the trainer data from the PM.... no dice.

When I look at the PM data on the SRAM AXS mobile app as I ride, the feed looks much more normal, jagged, and unfortunately lower than what the trainer is sending. I do have a desktop app that can control the trainer via the PM which would kind of solve all of this, but running workouts through the Bolt is much simpler. I can't find any settings on the Wahoo, Tacx or SRAM apps that will enable the PM to control the trainer. Am I missing anything obvious or do I just need to give up and train with my desktop app (PerfPro)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Sounds like you need a 3rd party app (eg Trainerroad zwift etc) to act as a middleman, to process the power data from the quarq, and then powermatch your trainer to it.
Official cafe stop tester

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I already have such an app.... just wished I could avoid using it. I guess it's no big deal