They're heavier. They cost more. They look kinda strange. Why should I buy/wear bib shorts?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lina

by Lina

Andrew69 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:57 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:08 am
Andrew69 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 am
Problem with bib shorts, well all cycling clothing, but why I initially found bib shorts really annopying, is the lack of standard sizing.

The brand I found with the "longest strap to waist ratio" was Pearl Izumi
In Australia, you can buy it at a reaseonable price from Bikebug
You mean like all clothing?

If bib shorts all sized the same with the same ratios, what would non-standard people do?
When was the last time you bought a suit or even dress pants?
Why can I buy pants with a 30" waist with short, regular or long leg lengths but not other clothes?

Its not about "non-standard" people (what ever that means), its about a lack of sizing on the manufacturers part
We all know why they dont have such a wide array of sizes, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt
So you're using literally the only pieces of clothing that have some sort of unified sizing as an example. And even that isn't perfect. Cycling clothing brands even have often very good sizing guides on their sites.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

I'm starting to like these bib short things. :mrgreen:

I went back to regular shorts and it seems some are worse than others. Some have a saggy arse in them that doesn't seem to want to stay up. I'd rather put up with elastic shoulder straps, they do feel more... secure. I can see them being really excellent for rides lasting longer than 2 or 3 hours. :thumbup:
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com