Elite misuro user question

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

toride

by toride

Done a quick search here but nothing came back so ...

Can anybody say whether the misuro b+ is worth the money? Is it accurate is my main concern

Any light shed is much appreciated

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I have one and spent the day trying to make it work. It worked one time on my Galaxy Tab while I was waving the magnet in front of the sensor. Thought maybe it was the magnet position on the roller being too far away but I could hear the device clicking as I rolled the magnet past in the roller so thats not it. Bluetooth sees the device as well but the app just doesnt seem to receive data from the Misuro. I went on the Elite Forums and this seems to be a common problem for many ppl. Its too bad its such a POS as the trainer itself is pretty nice (E Motion Rollers). I have just wasted the whole day and the cost of the Misuro while getting no training done. Great times.

http://forum.elite-it.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=145
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

No, it is not accurate. It will inflate your sense of power and if you use a communal platform like Zwift with it, you will be ridiculed.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Haha so its a POS in more than one way. Their goes a day I will never get back.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

So this was my experience with set up of the Misuro on my Quick Motion Rollers. Loaded the App on my phone but then decided to use my tablet instead so loaded that along with all the Ant+ apps but had no luck finding the model rollers. Used one of the other models to get me going. Checked the battery voltage (2.9V) which I thought would be good but not so sure now as I changed it to a new one at 3.1V. I was trying to get all my devices to load up via Ant+ but didnt seem to wanna work so I went with BT with PM, HR monitor,and Cadence but still having no luck as the app would state no data recieved check Misuro even though in the settings it was seeing Misuro it just wasnt getting a signal back to the app. Then I took a magnet and the Misuro and ran the mag back and forth in front of Misuro. It did temporarily start reading on the app so I thought maybe the magnet position on the rollers was out of range. I checked the mag location which seemed a bit distant but when Misuro was installed on the rollers I could hear the faint click as the mag passed by. I tried the app on my phone but same result. Starting to get really PO and went for something to eat as I was getting Hangry.

So I went on the Elite forums to find a solution again but couldnt find anything much. I found an app for desktop so I loaded it on my laptop and it had all the models of Elite trainers so I could select the proper one now unlike the app. Went through all the settings with BT again and proceeded to get a signal although it took a few retrys it actually worked but wasnt reliable or repeatable. Pretty much ready to throw in the towel but then I remembered my wifes trainer came with a cable attached to an Ant+ stick and thought, nothing to lose at this point so I plugged it in and threw the stick down near the Misuro and the program lit up taking all my devices by the Ant selection and with NP and it actually started up as soon as I pedalled.
Maybe this is common knowledge but for this device BT blows and Ant+ seems to be the only thing that makes it work. But through all the searching I did I found nothing stating that Ant+ was the way to go. Maybe having so many devices you have to use Ant but I was unaware of this in the beginning. I hope all others have better luck than I did.

toride

by toride

That a pretty bad report, I’m waiting for delivery of my B+ sensor so when it arrives I will get it hooked up and see what happens, or doesn’t happen.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I did another ride today on the trainer and with the Ant+ stick it seems to work much more reliably. I think maybe the Misuro sends out a pretty weak signal and the locating the Ant stick close to the Misuro makes the difference plus using the App on a laptop seemed to work better for me. Once you start the training session you pretty much gotta start pedaling right away or it will give you a, no data received check your Misuro at which point you have to hit the start button again. I am using the Stages PM and Garmin 530 as well as an old Garmin Speed and Cadence sensor that synced up quickly once I used the Ant+ stick. The BT just doesnt work especially with multiple devices. Oh yeah for me the App on the phone and tablet was a no go. Good luck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toride

by toride

So, I received my B+ sensor and set everything up.. vector 3 pedals, and a garmin 1030, I download the Elite myETraining app, not really sure why I did but thought it may help with drawing a comparison, the dongle took ages to pair with the garmin, but that’s all I know as yet, I downloaded Zwift and before I knew it I was deeply involved in my free trial so couldn’t care to much for the dongle, I will use tomorrow this time with everything connected hopefully 🙏