Muscle stimulators

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ringo

by Ringo

Because of COVID gyms are closed and I needed to somehow keep my legs in a certain level of fitness. So I use a compex muscle stimulator.
Firstly I bought it for the massage programs, tens and generally for pain relief.
But it has lot of work out programs too.
I mainly use it for my quads.
I do the program cross endurance and I have to tell you that it works quite well!
After a good session I feel the same as if I was lifting weights!
Do you use stimulators? What’s your take?
XXTi
C60

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The problem is you're not really targeting the specific muscle fibers used for activities. If I train exclusively on the bike, my quads will be set up for cycling...not running, not lifting boxes at home. Also I'd be doing nothing about the bone and soft tissues that need to be strengthened as well. Do you just not own any weights?

Muscle stimulation stuff, theraguns, recovery boots ... all mostly therapeutic.

DavG

by DavG

Hi. Sounds cool, what are you using? The gyms are closed, I try to walk every day, ride my bike every day and do a set of exercises to strengthen my back. So far I'm putting everything together for a home gym.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Owning a big set of weight is a little too much for home with limited space.
Consider using resistance bands instead. A set is only around $60.
A few (3-5) rubber bands in the set will grant you near infinitely adjustable resistance. Want it tougher? Grab closer and stretch it more.

Example workouts:

AlloyAddict

by AlloyAddict

I have a Compex unit and use the strength, endurance and recovery modes quite regularly (usually while vegging out watching TV).

While I can't say EMS delivers on all it promises, I can say -- much like my rollers -- it's a enjoyable alternative that adds some diversity to my training.