Ferrari

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Marlboro Man

by Marlboro Man

Greetings.

Has anyone subscribed to this site: www.53x12.com? Looks fascinating.

Whatever anyone's opinions are on Ferrari, he certainly has a wealth of knowledge and I would like some feedback on anyone's first hand experience of using this service.

Spark up!

Cyco

by Cyco

If I was somewhat fit then I would strongly consider it. I have been following his comments on CyclingNews with great interest. His climbing rate comaprison shows a great deal of merit (vertical meter/hr).
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marlboro Man

by Marlboro Man

I think we share the same dillema. I have just had a look at some of his articles on cyclingnews.com and they are so clinical that any program followed must precipitate in some way. By the looks of things he can show people how to ride intelligently in a TT, even if an intelligent time triallist is something of an oxymoron!

Really tempting!!

Cyco

by Cyco

Intelligence and TTing can go together (unless your talking about the nutcases over your part of the world TTing for 24hrs on a fixed gear!!!!).

It is about pacing and riding at 1bpm over your AT for the duration, regardless of road speed. To do this well require a very clinical training program, yet his riders still respond well to the changes of pace demandded in the hardest road races.

Marlboro Man

by Marlboro Man

TTing on fixed wheel pursuit bike is actually quite smart. No faffing around with gears just concentrate on hurting yourself. My pursuit bike is quite similar to PNUT's bike. Great stuff. When I was a student I could ride 5 hours in the day then a 10mile TT in the evening on the fixed and do a decent time on a rolling course. Just stick on 52 or 53 x 15, wind it up then hold it over any hill you can. Looking forward to doing that again when the day gets a bit longer even if work will prevent me from doing the 5 hour bit first. Maybe Dr Ferrari can help us go a bit quicker. :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyco

by Cyco

The Boardman/Keen research showed that trying to keep speed constant over a hill, caused a loss of time due to the recovery taking longer.

Their sugguestion was to ride at Anerobic Threashold and keep the heart constant and let the speed come from that. If there is a hill followed by a long desent, on which pedaling will not add speed, then pushing harder to the top is allowed.