brands of compression

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

otoman

by otoman

Hi

I am going to buy some compression leg sleeves or pants for recovery and to use when working as I often have to stand for several hours at a time. On Amazon, there is anything from the medical grade compression with the little annoying toe hole to expensive 2XU branded to CopperFit that seems cheesy. Price and quality seem all over the place. Does anyone have a brand with which you have good experience? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by otoman on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

by Weenie

njyeti

by njyeti

I've had great results using Skinz- big difference when using the pants. Unfortunately, they went out of business last year- but you should still be able to find their products on sale online.

LouisN

by LouisN

I'm working as a chef/culinary arts teacher, so often I have to stand for many hours. In the winter (I don't know why but my shins and lower legs swell in the winter) I wear CEP compression sleeves:
https://www.cepcompression.com/collecti ... leeves-2-0
They have two different compression levels ( 20 and 30 mm Hg) , conform to the lower leg shape very well ( mine at least) and are comfortable to wear all day.

I tried Compressport calf sleeves:
https://www.compressport.com/inter/en/c ... 30-size-t1
But couldn't bare them for more than an hour or two. Maybe I chose too small, if I remember they only have one compression level all round...

Louis :)

otoman

by otoman

Thank you! Very helpful...
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

simoncx

by simoncx

I have the 2xu recovery leg sleeves, I've been using them for about a year and they're holding up really well. One thing to be aware of with these is the sizing, I didnt think size small would be right on me but its perfect (1.84m and about 72kg). If you want full pants instead of sleeves, zoot recovery pants are some of the best I've tried.