Pc8 vs garmin edge 530

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

petosagan

by petosagan

Hi.

Before I had srm powermeter with pc8, now I changed the bike and I will have in 4 weeks the 4iiii precision on left arm. I would like to know if pc8 is better than the new garmin 530 which will be available in 2 weeks.....

Pc8 was nice with srm but pc8 is really just for training aspect...

Someone wants to buy my PC for 450$ , pretty good after 2 years and can buy the edge 530 for about 250$ with my deal with my lbs..

Is it worth it to do the deal?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

There was a time when I would have recommended both the SRM power meter and head unit over all else, but not anymore. SRM has been dropped from the peloton and continues to ride the wave with +10-year old technology. Sure Garmin has had some teething problems ( Edge 510/810) with some of its head units, but how long will it be before an SRM PC* head unit can be customized like this Garmin Edge dashboard?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Garmin were lagging a few years ago and I was harshly attacked by fanboys because I said that the 520 was OK, not stella and could be better and should check themsevles because competitors could take some market share. (I particularly hate the easy break glass, 8 hour battery life after a year, and cold weather battery performance). Now we have all the Wahoos and Lezynes etc and my opinion is proven correct, but Garmin got the message and upped their game. So as much as I had reservations I will probably be in the market for an Edge 530 fairly soon as better the devil you know.

ducman

by ducman

Where can you buy a 530...?

petosagan

by petosagan

ducman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:14 am
Where can you buy a 530...?

it is not available yet but if not, everywhere.. from garmin or any bike shop and internet

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I have a 830 on pre order. Most online shops show an ETA of mid May. I’ve read that Garmin will ship the initial inventory to the specialty retail shops. This means the Garmin online shop will be the last to have the initial inventory. This is done to protect their dealers. I could be wrong on this but this is what I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petosagan

by petosagan

On sigma sport website the pre order was saying May 7th last week and now May 30th.

My lbs told me May 24th

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk