Significant drop in HR

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

LouisN wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:27 am
IMO it's random to conclude anything with the data you have.
It's like apples and oranges.
To make some relevant theories you would have to compare your HR for same efforts ( measured in watts)..

LOuis :)
How so? My max and threshold HR have both dropped significantly with no obvious change in training or intensity. I'd consider "max" efforts to be fairly similar day to day.

I recognise that a PM would answer some more questions but I'm sure some theories could be suggested without power data. How did we manage before power meters?
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

LouisN

by LouisN

The powermeter will tell you the real intensity level. RPE and HR won’t. They can tell you how you « feel » and about your physical reactions, but without PM it’s random. Very easy to be « under par » by 5-7 %, still « feel » intensity is the same, but it’s not.
You would need to have some precise road segments times, record wind, weather, etc. to make it more relevant.

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

LouisN wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:27 am
IMO it's random to conclude anything with the data you have.
It's like apples and oranges.
To make some relevant theories you would have to compare your HR for same efforts ( measured in watts)..

LOuis :)
Actually to test for Cardiac Drift that is exactly what your doing. I do my test on the rollers with the same resistance and in Zone 3 HR for 22 min. trying to hold the same HR for the entire distance. If the avg. pwr. doesnt fluctate more than 5% overall then you are good to go ahead to your next training phase.
Here is the link and I found it a good read. The calculation is half way down the page.
https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/aero ... ecoupling/
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake