How long can you hold a side plank?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

liam7020

by liam7020

Oh so many words for a simple bike forum... Is that a raw nerve I see there?! LOL!! As I was saying intense personalities and low back pain are never good bed fellows. But you're probably too much in control for that to be you 853guy. Enjoy!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

853guy

by 853guy

liam7020 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am
Oh so many words for a simple bike forum... Is that a raw nerve I see there?! LOL!! As I was saying intense personalities and low back pain are never good bed fellows. But you're probably too much in control for that to be you 853guy. Enjoy!
Hi Liam,

Since the amateur psychoanalyzing and pathologizing is back, I’ll bid you adieu.

Genuinely, I hope your efforts in making progress bring continued levels of mobility, stability and long-term health. Aside from those we love there’s not much else in life that’s as valuable.

Have a nice weekend.

Best,

853guy

liam7020

by liam7020

And to you my friend. As they say in my corner of the world, I hope the wind is always on your back! That way you'll have suffer like the rest of us in having to smell your pretentious, egotistical bullshite.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

liam7020 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 am
And to you my friend. As they say in my corner of the world, I hope the wind is always on your back! That way you'll have suffer like the rest of us in having to smell your pretentious, egotistical bullshite.
Good job on promoting good conversation......

Your original post welcomed comments on the subject and now you're just being rude because someone offered thoughts based on their experience. Maybe try not being so antagonizing if you want people to have a conversation with you, it's no surprise that there's a lack of comments on this thread.
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

liam7020

by liam7020

No, he wasn't trying to hold a conversation he was being patronizing and condescending as he tends to be in many of his posts. It was a simple fun request and he turned it into needless, points-scoring academic debate in an attempt to demonstrate his self conceived higher intellect. As I said above - it's only a push bike forum.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Play nice children or holidays will be handed out.
Using Tapatalk

pkaro

by pkaro

Some heated comments in this thread. There's a good beginner bodyweight/gymnastics strength routine which includes a very good warm-up section (you can ignore the later strength building exercises if that's not what you need): www.fitloop.co

I never bothered going beyond 1 minute on each of the planks as a warm-up, because frankly static holds bore me and their usefulness goes down rapidly once you can hold for a minute.

Beyond that, kettle bells have given me excellent bang for buck (both in terms of money invested as well as time - the routines are quick). A good starting point here is the book Starting Strength.

The Kettlebell Routine I currently use is the following:
Warm-up (do the below exercises 3 times.
  • Deep Goblet squats (5-10 per set)
    One Legged Romanian Deadlifts. 10 left hand, 10 right hand per set, switch legs with every rep.
    Turkish Get-ups. 1 left, 1 right. Slow and Controlled. Form over weight.
    Halos, 5 clockwise, 5 counter-clockwise. (This one can be omitted)
Swings
  • 1 handed swings. A 10 swing set at the start of every minute. Alternate hands each set. 10 sets
Carry
  • Farmer walk, waiter walk, etc.. Strong controlled upright posture.
Beyond that, consult a professional and/or do your own research. There are a ton of effective exercises out there, but keep your program short and to the point and don't be afraid to switch it out after 6-8 weeks.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

how long do i hold a side plank? constantly

somewhere around 5.4(32) x 10 -44

scapie

by scapie

liam7020 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:03 pm
In no particular order, the exercises I do are side planks, front planks, back extensions (carefully!), superman, clams, psoas raises, lying shoulder bridge and lying knee rotations. Usually 3 sets of everything twice a week. Ta
hi liam7020, very good post. if you don't mind can you please list the exercises in the order you do them and how long you hold each pose for?