looking to mix things up this season: long rides with a lunch break?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm
Your problem on the ride isn't the food you've eaten at breakfast. It's the food from the day before.

while I agree it's super important to maintain a healthy eating-style, I can't help myself to share a small anecdote, from like a decade ago - as it happens, my fastest recorded ride ever, happened the day after a heavy all-nighter with "old" highschool friends - I was piss drunk, emptied my stomach several times, and slept perhaps no more than 5-6 hours. the very said day I took my buddy with me (hence the recording, I was already riding without a computer back then), whome I dragged all the way up (had to wait for him on several occasions too). I only had like a musli bar and few gels, plus a 'sporting liquid'. average speed (with waiting, getting through the city etc - it was sunday but still..) was slightly south of 40 kmh for a nearly 100km ride... my mate was toasted, and I felt like probably a drug addict feels after shooting himself with a dose of heroine - and I was kinda mad at him he slowed me down...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com