Choosing power source Wahoo?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

I have tried googling this but no luck. I have two power meters on one bike How do I choose which one is the source of my readings on a Wahoo elemnt computer?

sychen

by sychen

Not a wahoo user but only pair the one you want readings from?
If both already paired.. Unpair the unwanted one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sleep

by sleep

I do not have Wahoo element, but I do have Garmin watch as well as 510 plus, normally what you do is discover all your sensors and save to watch\bike computer, while you could choose the sensor and disable it if you do not want to receive it in given watch or bike computer.
If you do not do this, for same sensor source (power for instance), watch or bike computer will choose the stronger signal one when you just start the workout and keep use it through out the workout (I did not test it, but I guess even this stronger drop signal half way, it won't automatic pick up another one).

glepore

by glepore

You need to "foget sensor" the one you don't want. If you want to use the one you "forgot" again, do an "add sensor" and redetect/remember it and forget the other one.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ms6073

by ms6073

For the OP, might I suggest you pop over to the DCR blog and post this question in the comment section of his Wahoo Element in depth review? While I can't speak to the Wahoo, I do have a similar situation when using Tacx Neo as power source as my road bike has a Shimano DA PM. In this case both Neo and DA PM are paired, and with the Neo plugged in, as soon as I pedal the bike, the DA PM is detected and my Garmin Edge 1030 prompts if I want to switch to the DA PM.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"